Group Private Message Settings?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
bluej

Group Private Message Settings?

Post by bluej » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:30 pm

two questions

1. i do not really understand what i need to set here, if i check it will the registered users still be able to get pm's? should i uncheck this for all groups? i would like for adm and mods to be able to send group pm's but not registered users...how should i set it so that that is what will happen :?
Group able to receive private messages
This will allow the sending of Private Messages to this group. Please note, that it can be dangerous to allow this for Registered Users, for instance. There is no permission to deny the sending to groups, so anyone who is able to send Private Messages will be able to send a message to this group!
2. i am getting an email for every pm i send or recieve, where can i turn that off so i do not keep getting all these emails?

dark/Rain

Re: Group Private Message Settings?

Post by dark/Rain » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:42 pm

bluej wrote:2. i am getting an email for every pm i send or recieve, where can i turn that off so i do not keep getting all these emails?
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings -> Notify me on new private messages

You are getting mails for pms you send? Really? :?

bluej

Post by bluej » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:10 pm

dark/Rain wrote:
bluej wrote:2. i am getting an email for every pm i send or recieve, where can i turn that off so i do not keep getting all these emails?
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings -> Notify me on new private messages

You are getting mails for pms you send? Really? :?
yes an email for every single pm, my box was full :o thanks for the info...

what can you tell me about the first question? how should i set it so that only mods and adm can send group pm's? :)

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:08 am

bluej wrote:yes an email for every single pm, my box was full :o thanks for the info...
That sounds like a bug... Could you post one of the mails which you got when you sent (not received) a PM? (Remove the private information before.)
bluej wrote:what can you tell me about the first question? how should i set it so that only mods and adm can send group pm's? :)
It's possible that this can't be controlled according to the text you quoted:
There is no permission to deny the sending to groups, so anyone who is able to send Private Messages will be able to send a message to this group!
I'll try to find something later...

//Edit: There's a setting "Can send pm to multiple users and groups" in Groups' Permissions -> User Permissions -> Advanced Permissions -> Private messages.
You could also change it via User roles -> Standard Features (for example) -> Private messages to change the permission role itself.

In case that setting does what you want :)

bluej

Post by bluej » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:37 am

thanks so much :D

i saw those settings but i thought if i set it to 'no' then the registered users would not be able to send muliple pm's not only to groups but to users as well...seems like there should be two separate options, one for send multiple pm's to users and an option for how many they can send at a time, then a separate option for being able to send pm's to groups ...jmho ;)

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:07 am

Well... would be better, but for now you'll have to decide which one is more important - unless there's yet another option somewhere :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”