Slow Posting

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ogimaa

Slow Posting

Post by ogimaa »

since I updated to 3 RC5 from RC4 posting a message is extremely slow... to the point of timing out

I have tried deleting cookies, clearing caches, optimizing tables, etc. etc. etc. all to no avail.

If I wait a few seconds after clicking submit (while still waiting for it to post) and then click on the forum, the message shows up...

while typing this message I have been waiting on a post on my forum over 2 minutes now

any suggestions or ideas?

--In contrast it took less than a second for this message to post ater I clicked submit--

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: Slow Posting

Post by pentapenguin »

Does it eventually post at all?

I would guess it's probably something with your host.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

ogimaa

Post by ogimaa »

bluehost is the host

i've waited up to around 10 minutes, but then get sick of waiting on it so I just click the forum i was in and go back - and the post is there

ogimaa

Post by ogimaa »

I guess I'll try a fresh install, unless anyone has any other suggestions...

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Go to your ACP -> Load Settings -> Recompile stale style components = No and see if that helps.
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

ogimaa

Post by ogimaa »

changing that had no effect -

I installed a fresh version of RC5 and connected to the old database and the posting times were fixed. However, within just a few minutes we started getting a can not find style error. Nothing was altered from the time of the install to the time when the error started showing up.

So I started completely over with a new install and new database. So far everything is working as it is supposed to.

Searching through the issues listed here, these seem to be fairly common problems. The advise always seems to be "contact your host," but the problem always lie with RC5. The solutions have always been fixing RC5 in some way.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Sorry I don't know what to tell you other than it might be some type of caching problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”