RC 5 to RC 7 upgrade screwed up my forums

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
joeschmoe

RC 5 to RC 7 upgrade screwed up my forums

Post by joeschmoe »

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template_compile in /home/battleat/public_html/phpBB3/includes/template.php on line 217
This is the error I have received while in the middle of my Automatic Update. I had just previously updated from RC4 to RC 5 and all went SMOOTH Now this any ideas???

Using all standard (stock) phpBB3 code except for my board logo...Haven't even changed colors yet. :!:

I just went back and refreshed (IE7) the page for my forum now I am getting these errors:
Warning: main(./../includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/battleat/public_html/phpBB3/index.php on line 151

Warning: main(./../includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/battleat/public_html/phpBB3/index.php on line 151

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './../includes/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/battleat/public_html/phpBB3/index.php on line 151

echo2k5

Re: RC 5 to RC 7 upgrade screwed up my forums

Post by echo2k5 »

Make sure all files are uploaded and are uploaded into the proper directories.

joeschmoe

Post by joeschmoe »

I performed the automatic updat eand used the built in FTP loader..>So all files should be there...

Anything i should look for via my FTP browser?

echo2k5

Post by echo2k5 »

I don't use the auto update...have you tried more than once? I'm seeing some people here having issues where it hangs in the browser.

joeschmoe

Post by joeschmoe »

No I am paranoid to do the nstall/upgrade more than once...I had seen that also..but they said their upgrade hung for XX number of hours, mine didn't hang, it gave a fatal error...Not surte where to go from here...

I just downloaded a fresh rc5 to rc7 and uploaded it....Not sure if I will start it htough until it's the last idea.

joeschmoe

Post by joeschmoe »

FIXED the PROBLEM
Found numerous files did not get moved to the proper directories durign the automatic upgrade process.

All of the old files had been backed up by the updater but yet the new files were not moved!!! Had to manually move these fiels and repeat the upgrade process!! Now board is working and at RC7
To help those who might run into this problem as well

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”