[Split] Problems with RC6 / Release of RC7

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Re: Read this if you are experiening problems with RC6

Post by Tripp »

I still can't make posts on my forum. Boooo. I think this is the most trouble I've had from any of the RC's.

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Could this be due to my template?
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Drugs wrote:I still can't make posts on my forum. Boooo. I think this is the most trouble I've had from any of the RC's.

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Could this be due to my template?

did you read the start of this topic??? If the template is not up to date then that is the error you will get :)
The_Descendant

Post by The_Descendant »

What? So I just download the auto-updater and run it?
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

The_Descendant wrote:What? So I just download the auto-updater and run it?
Yes, it updates your database if I'm correct.

And thanks for the answer. When I got my original errors I just scanned the beginning and none of it, at the time, pertained to me.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Drugs wrote:
The_Descendant wrote:What? So I just download the auto-updater and run it?
Yes, it updates your database if I'm correct.

And thanks for the answer. When I got my original errors I just scanned the beginning and none of it, at the time, pertained to me.

More than one issue was covered if you are using a custom template you need to do the following to it
Highway of Life wrote:To make a custom style compatible with RC6
FIND:

Code: Select all

</form>
REPLACE

{S_FORM_TOKEN}</form>

And to make sure users can login to the ACP:

Find:

<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>      
Replace with:

<dt><label for="{USERNAME_CREDENTIAL}">{L_USERNAME}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="{USERNAME_CREDENTIAL}" id="{USERNAME_CREDENTIAL}" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>      
Find:

<dt><label for="password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="2" id="password" name="password" size="25" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>      
Replace with:

<dt><label for="{PASSWORD_CREDENTIAL}">{L_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="2" id="{PASSWORD_CREDENTIAL}" name="{PASSWORD_CREDENTIAL}" size="25" class="inputbox autowidth" /></dd>      
wmtipton

Post by wmtipton »

karlsemple wrote:If your forum is modified you are still going to have to use the patch or auto updater which means doing the RC5-RC6 update later on and then the RC7 update and etc.....(assuming there is more RC releases) My honest opinion is you would be better biting the bullet and getting it updated now :)
Sorry, Im just not very good at all this php stuff and a lot of what is even posted in this thread is a bit confusing as to what is even being talked about.
Basically I know how to install the software by following the instructions, how to set up the subdomain and DB by doing the same. I dont know much about how to do all this code change stuff at all.

When you say patch, does this mean I shouldnt be doing what I did from RC4 to RC5 which was basically just overwriting everything except the config file with the newer version, but instead use the patch download?

Sorry, again....its just that, as I said, this is a bit out of my department here and Im hoping to do all this at one point in time instead of spending the rest of the day today and possibly tomorrow doing it, then having to do it again, as you say, possibly with the next release as well.

:)
mysql database backup software - mysql Workbench
The_Descendant

Post by The_Descendant »

Karlsemple, do you know how I could create the t.template_id in field list because that is what is reported missing, so could you give me a query to run in order to have this?
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

wmtipton wrote:
karlsemple wrote:If your forum is modified you are still going to have to use the patch or auto updater which means doing the RC5-RC6 update later on and then the RC7 update and etc.....(assuming there is more RC releases) My honest opinion is you would be better biting the bullet and getting it updated now :)
Sorry, Im just not very good at all this php stuff and a lot of what is even posted in this thread is a bit confusing as to what is even being talked about.
Basically I know how to install the software by following the instructions, how to set up the subdomain and DB by doing the same. I dont know much about how to do all this code change stuff at all.

When you snip .....
Did you have any modifications installed? If not and you are also using prosilver just replace all the files with fresh RC6 ones. This should only be done however if using the the prosilver template and an unmodified board
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The_Descendant wrote:Karlsemple, do you know how I could create the t.template_id in field list because that is what is reported missing, so could you give me a query to run in order to have this?

Do you have any custom templates installed?
The_Descendant

Post by The_Descendant »

Yes, quite a few. Vista, Probl@ck, Invander, Pro_Vision_green2, however I am using Prosilver and so is everyone else except one which is using Probl@ck.
wmtipton

Post by wmtipton »

karlsemple wrote:
wmtipton wrote:

When you snip .....
Did you have any modifications installed? If not and you are also using prosilver just replace all the files with fresh RC6 ones. This should only be done however if using the the prosilver template and an unmodified board
All I have extra is a style called 'Arrow' but Im thinking (hoping) that I can delete it completely and go back to PROsilver, save the database, and then see if I can update to RC6....what do you think?
Last edited by wmtipton on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Descendant

Post by The_Descendant »

When I just went to run the automatic updater it gave me this message :

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 't.template_id' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT s.style_id, t.template_storedb, t.template_path, t.template_id, t.bbcode_bitfield, c.theme_path, c.theme_name, c.theme_storedb, c.theme_id, i.imageset_path, i.imageset_id, i.imageset_name FROM phpbb_styles s, phpbb_styles_template t, phpbb_styles_theme c, phpbb_styles_imageset i WHERE s.style_id = 1 AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imageset_id = s.imageset_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/session.php
LINE: 1360
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_update.php
LINE: 120
CALL: user->setup()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 402
CALL: install_update->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 274
CALL: module->load()
This tell you anything?
wmtipton

Post by wmtipton »

...sorry, quoted instead of edit
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The_Descendant wrote:Yes, quite a few. Vista, Probl@ck, Invander, Pro_Vision_green2, however I am using Prosilver and so is everyone else except one which is using Probl@ck.

As I have no idea what style id's they all had your best bet would be to use the query I agve you earlier to recreate the style_template tables
The_Descendant

Post by The_Descendant »

I ran that a few times and it says :

INSERT INTO `phpbb_styles_template` ( `template_id` , `template_name` , `template_copyright` , `template_path` , `bbcode_bitfield` , `template_storedb` )
VALUES ( 1, 0x70726f73696c766572, 0xc2a92070687042422047726f7570, 0x70726f73696c766572, 0x6c4e673d, 1 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'template_id' in 'field list'
Can I create the 'template_id' in 'field list'?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”