[Split] Problems with RC6 / Release of RC7

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
The_Descendant

Re: Read this if you are experiening problems with RC6

Post by The_Descendant »

Success! I just figured out how to do it, you know you guys were giving me the create phpBB3_template_data thing? I had to drop the three. :D Its up now but shows “this board is currently unavailable” so now I run the update. :D

Thanks so much guys. I would've just given up if it had not been for you.
mosu90

Post by mosu90 »

i also had problems with templates, they wouldn't let me log in acp, but i resolved by changing template from phpmyadmin :mrgreen: .
other problems i have:
when upgrading from phpbb 2.19 (i think...)
the avatars are lost, (i uploaded them from old forum to avatars/gallery and also avatar/upload but nothing happened, i think they lost the adress)
my posted images and thumbnails in posts are all lost, sth happened with the tags i think :D

in rest, great forum guys i just wait for styles for RC6 , or RC7 if u release it tonight :D
manofgames

Post by manofgames »

I've updated a board from RC5 -> RC6 without any major problems.
The only problem that I have so far encountered is that once the files are updated, it returns to the check files page, and seems to get stuck in an infinite loop.

I removed the install directory, and so far everything seems to have gone ok :)
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

manofgames wrote:I've updated a board from RC5 -> RC6 without any major problems.
The only problem that I have so far encountered is that once the files are updated, it returns to the check files page, and seems to get stuck in an infinite loop.

I removed the install directory, and so far everything seems to have gone ok :)

this is a bug and the way around it is to click the update tab again to go to the start of the update and use the file check there to check your files updated :)
JBosman

Post by JBosman »

I did a fresh upload of all files and did it more then twice with the new phpBB3 RC6 and got this error when trying to install this:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_form_salt' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, username_clean, user_password, user_pass_convert, user_email, user_email_hash, group_id, user_type, user_permissions, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_allow_pm, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate, user_passchg, user_options, user_inactive_reason, user_inactive_time, user_lastmark, user_lastvisit, user_lastpost_time, user_lastpage, user_posts, user_dst, user_colour, user_occ, user_interests, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_message_rules, user_full_folder, user_emailtime, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_notify_type, user_allow_viewonline, user_allow_viewemail, user_allow_massemail, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_sig_bbcode_bitfield, user_form_salt) VALUES ('AdsBot [Google]', 'adsbot [google]', '', 0, '', '00', 6, 2, '', 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'en', 1, 1, '', '', 1192387371, 1192387371, 895, 0, 0, 1192387371, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, '9E8DA7', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', '530a0a537d570971')

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_user.php
LINE: 242
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_install.php
LINE: 1827
CALL: user_add()

LINE: 111
CALL: install_install->add_bots()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 402
CALL: install_install->main()

LINE: 274
CALL: module->load()
I used the changed files only.
Last edited by JBosman on Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With the love for all things and especialy this, figure it out!
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

JBosman wrote:I did a fresh upload of all files and did it more then twice with the new phpBB3 RC6 and got this error when trying to install this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, username_clean, user_password, user_pass_convert, user_email, user_email_hash, group_id, user_type, user_permissions, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_allow_pm, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate, user_passchg, user_options, user_inactive_reason, user_inactive_time, user_lastmark, user_lastvisit, user_lastpost_time, user_lastpage, user_posts, user_dst, user_colour, user_occ, user_interests, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_message_rules, user_full_folder, user_emailtime, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_notify_type, user_allow_viewonline, user_allow_viewemail, user_allow_massemail, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_sig_bbcode_bitfield, user_form_salt) VALUES ('AdsBot [Google]', 'adsbot [google]', '', 0, '', '00', 6, 2, '', 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'en', 1, 1, '', '', 1192387371, 1192387371, 895, 0, 0, 1192387371, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, '9E8DA7', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', '530a0a537d570971')

BACKTRACE

did you run the install/database_update.php file to update the database?
JBosman

Post by JBosman »

Why do I have to use this, if I dont use phpbb3 RC5? I started a clean install from rc6. I have a folder on my server called phpbb3_install_files that I use to copy. otherwise I have to re-upload to test severall settings. I used the updated files that can be downloaded from this site and replaced the old files from my install folder. Then I copied also the install and docs folder to the new location and started to install. But cant even get it installed because of this error. I tried this also on my local server and same problem. But when using the complete download then it doesnt happen. But dont want to upload every file again only changed files.
Last edited by JBosman on Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wingnut144

Problems loggin in and out of RC6

Post by wingnut144 »

I did the updated file install, instead of the automatic update.

I copied the new files over the old ones, did the /install/database_update.php, and was told that completed sucessfully.

Now, when I log in and out, I get a error message. The logout error is attached.

I've tried clearing the cache (seems to be what most people recommend where there's a problem) and still having the issue.

Does anyone know of a solution for this yet??
Attachments
logout.JPG
logout.JPG (88.29 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Millipedeman

Post by Millipedeman »

I have the same problem. I'm waiting til RC7 comes out, which supposidly is later today.
JBosman

Post by JBosman »

It seems that I am not the only one with this problem. So I hope you guys can solve this?

PS, this error doesnt happen when using the complete RC6 instead of the changed files only.
manofgames

Re: Problems loggin in and out of RC6

Post by manofgames »

wingnut144 wrote:I did the updated file install, instead of the automatic update.

I copied the new files over the old ones, did the /install/database_update.php, and was told that completed sucessfully.

Now, when I log in and out, I get a error message. The logout error is attached.

I've tried clearing the cache (seems to be what most people recommend where there's a problem) and still having the issue.

Does anyone know of a solution for this yet??
karlsemple wrote: JBosman wrote:I did a fresh upload of all files and did it more then twice with the new phpBB3 RC6 and got this error when trying to install this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

BACKTRACE

did you run the install/database_update.php file to update the database?
wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

manofgames:

did you have a question or solution to this, or were you just quoting what others said for some other reason..?? Kinda strange...
linus.bash

Post by linus.bash »

If you are experiencing problems with avatars or attachments (either not showing up, or not uploading), please check the folder permissions. So far, this has been the fix for everyone reporting this problem. CHMOD the downloads folder to 777 and then back to 755 if necessary.
Thank's ;)
Sfaff --> phpbb.it ;)
cotp

Post by cotp »

I was wondering one thing, I dowloaded the "changed files only" pack of RC6 and there is a file
includes/acp/info/acp_board.php and when I compare it with RC5 I can see

RC5:

/** 
* @version $Id: acp_board.php,v 1.5 2006/06/28 02:43:43 davidmj Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group 
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
changed in RC6

/**
* @version $Id: acp_board.php,v 1.6 2007/10/04 15:05:49 acydburn Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
It seems strange to me since nothing seems to have changed between v 1.5 2006/06/28 and v 1.6 2007/10/04

Can someone explain me why this version change ?

Cotp
CrimsonThunder

Post by CrimsonThunder »

I think its great that you guys are releasing RC7 so fast due to the problems in RC6. :)

I updated my databases for RC6 but when uploading the new files for RC6 it kept telling me that they were wrong (even though they weren't) the files were a .css one and i think common.php. It didn't matter how many times I checked them and replaced them they were still wrong.

So I deleted all the RC6 files and uploaded my RC5 backup. How would I go about updating to RC7 when it comes out. I have RC6 database but RC5 files. >.<"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”