Easiest way to move a board from one site to another?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
fanzing

Easiest way to move a board from one site to another?

Post by fanzing »

Hi!

I own two web sites, fanzing.com and thehutch.com. I have a PHPBB3 board on each one, though the one on thehutch.com was only recently set up and doesn't have content, while the fanzing.com one has a lot of registered users and posts that I'd like to save. I recently decided to move everything to TheHutch.com, using .htaccess to make a subfolder for Fanzing and moving everything there. Thus, there will be only one PHPBB serving all of my sites and domains under TheHutch.

I tried doing a backup of the Fanzing board and then restoring it on TheHutch, but they are incompatible because they use databases with different names. I don't mind if I lose everything I have in my present board installation on TheHutch.

I did find this under the Knowledge database, and I think I could follow it.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to- ... ew-server/
Just to be clear, though: do the instructions apply to a PHPBB3 board as well?
Also, would I want to delete my board there and start over?
Michael Hutchison, Comic Book Writer
http://www.thehutch.com

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: Easiest way to move a board from one site to another?

Post by pentapenguin »

Are you basically wanting to "merge" the two forums? If so that's not possible yet (until somebody makes a script for that).
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”