How to place a global link to the forum rules

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
khalderon

How to place a global link to the forum rules

Post by khalderon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:03 pm

Is there any way to have a link to the forum rules on every post new topic page just like here? I find this very nice and intelligent.
Last edited by pentapenguin on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: How to place a global link to the forum rules

Post by ChrisRLG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:09 pm

adminCP > Manage Forums > Pick room > Forum Rules.

You can either have a link to the file that contains them, or place them in the following box.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

khalderon

Post by khalderon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:23 pm

Okay, but I wished I had a general rule text for ALL the forums. Just look at the pink rectangular in this forum while posting. I want something similar in effect.

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:32 pm

that is what they are using - you need to code each room - so each room could have something different.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:48 pm

If you want to update the rules for all forums use this SQL command. Go to phpMyAdmin -> select your database -> click the SQL tab -> and enter this:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_rules = 'Plain text rules here -- no BBCode or HTML', forum_rules_options = 0;
Of course change the sample text to whatever you want. Make sure you make a full backup of the database before doing this fix.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Son of a Beach

Post by Son of a Beach » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:35 am

pentapenguin wrote:If you want to update the rules for all forums use this SQL command. Go to phpMyAdmin -> select your database -> click the SQL tab -> and enter this:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_rules = 'Plain text rules here -- no BBCode or HTML', forum_rules_options = 0;
Of course change the sample text to whatever you want. Make sure you make a full backup of the database before doing this fix.
Looks like a good suggestion, but what about a link? The OP was specifically wanting to link, and your suggestion specifically excludes HTML.

khalderon

Post by khalderon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:23 am

Yeah, really. I can easily start a thread in my forum, containing the rules. But then I need to place the link to this thread somewhere? :shock:

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Can you please tell me what you want the text and link to say?
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

khalderon

Post by khalderon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:22 pm

I managed it! I just created a Global topic in one of the forums. Now it appears on every forum. This is sufficient for me.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”