Conversion Problem <!>

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
alimountas

Conversion Problem <!>

Post by alimountas » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:21 pm

i have installed phpBB 3 (which works ok) and continue with conversion of my phpBB 2 db, but after a few seconds conversion is started my internet exploer shows

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

and the url shows

Code: Select all

http://forum.mydomain.gr/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=phpbb20&current_table=15&skip_rows=7007
any ideas what the problem might be????

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: Conversion Problem <!>

Post by pentapenguin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:03 pm

You'll need to ask your host to increase the maximum memory and timeout limits. If they won't you'll need to convert locally so read this: Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

fakeDecoy

Re: Conversion Problem <!>

Post by fakeDecoy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:25 pm

pentapenguin wrote:You'll need to ask your host to increase the maximum memory and timeout limits. If they won't you'll need to convert locally so read this: Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server
I have the same problem. What's the variable name for the maximum memory limit? I know that increasing the max_execution_time variable doesn't help this issue for me.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”