why must there be a "confirmation" transition between posts?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
GurlzLubme

why must there be a "confirmation" transition between posts?

Post by GurlzLubme »

Not just post, but even with the login too.

For example, when you log into most accounts online, you enter it right away. There isn't that 1-2 seconds delay that tells you that you have logged in successfully and THEN takes you to the page. You just enter immediately. Same goes for posts. When I post something, I don't want to see that "transition" page that says "you have posted successfully". I just want to move as quickly as possible, log in as quickly as possible. What is the purpose of this intermediate confirmation anyway?

Ultimately, I would like to disable/bypass this. I think it was possible with phpbb2, so maybe someone can show me how with 3? Thank you.

edit: ok, i found the mod to disable it. I still have the question of why does it have to be there in the first place? Still would like to see it disabled for logins
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
DChronos

Re: why must there be a "confirmation" transition between posts?

Post by DChronos »

I would like to ask in this topic, since it's related.

What file do I need to edit to change the transition time? I would like to shorten it a bit like in many other forums I go to that have transitions. I would like to change the transition time of every transition file... so that I could make it the same short time for posting, editing, deleting, login, logout, send pm, etc. Everything that includes a transition.

Just tell my the file, and what line of code to use search on, that's all. Please and thanks in advance!
Remember the past... It will guide your future.
DChronos

Post by DChronos »

Bump and still hoping for reply, please and thanks.
DChronos

Post by DChronos »

Could someone please tell me what file has the redirect timer in it for the post/login/pm confirmations? PLEASE?
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

If I'm not mistaken, if you search for the "instant redirect" mod, the files they suggest you to edit will lead you to that line in the code that you are looking for. I remember seeing a line, where the variable is a red number 2. I assume thats the time in seconds the meta redirect is set to. I THINK you can change that to 1. Im not a pro tho, so get a second opinion.
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

The confirmation screen between posts is just for flexibility since some users (like myself) like to just return to the forum instead of seeing the topic again. There are MODs that can change this behaviour pretty easily.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
DChronos

Post by DChronos »

I know the convenience and all, but I like to redirect faster. Also, I want to modify all my redirects so the text is centered, and it has a very easy yo get to link right in the center to return to forum, and auto redirect goes to your post, but in the confirmation message is a message stating if you aren't redirected, click here. That's the vBulletin method, and it's very good.

Otherwise, the other method is to have a shorter 1.5-2 second post confirmation redirect that goes back to your post.

I just want to know what files to edit to change THAT stuff, because I'd like to customize the redirect page and timing. I see it uses the template styles, yet I see nowhere in the template files that suggests a redirect or anything of the code. It has to be somewhere in the templates, as far as the redirect template itself goes, because it has to call the custom stylesheets for the templates, and those classes, ids, and things have to be the values the stylesheet uses, so it has to be in a template file somewhere.

All I can tell is that when logging in, it says it's ucp.php, and adm/index.php... haven't tried pm confirm yet.
davidm_nodeo

Post by davidm_nodeo »

I was wondering the exact same thing after users reported this was an annoyance...
Frogmen

Post by Frogmen »

8 post prior to this one, DudeWoofie tell you the solution:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=584852

rgds
Frogmen

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”