"Invaid Form. Try Submitting Again"

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Re: "Invaid Form. Try Submitting Again"

Post by Kellanved » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Can you send me access information for your forum?
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM

Richie-Rich

Post by Richie-Rich » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Sure... check your PM.

bc2planker

Post by bc2planker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Richie-Rich wrote: Not sure how to accomplish a database restore. I can do the update, but that's it. So much to learn still. Thanks.
Kidokwan wrote:Yes, all of this is great......my database is "up to date" however

OK one more time.... I spent many days pulling my hair out over this, and none of the tips here helped. The database 'update' script didn't help me either... but Here is what I did to solve the problem:

Step #1: Install a fresh RC8 forum, in a new folder on your host, using a new fresh database.

Step #2: Go to your old forum, and create a back-up of the database (this is in ACP -> Maintenance tab), choose that you want to store locally & download the backup. Your then asked if you want to select which tables in the database you want to backup. The screen your on looks like this:
screen.gif
screen.gif (30.52 KiB) Viewed 23 times
HERE is the the important part: ONLY SELECT THE FOLLOWING tables to be backed up:

All the "acl"

All the "forums"

All the "posts"

All the "privmsgs"

All the "profile"

All the "topics"

All the "user"

Step #3: Once you have the file downloaded to your desktop you need to upload your new DB backup file to the 'store' folder on your new forum using FTP

Step #4: Login to your NEW forum, and go to ACP - Maintenance tab - > Restore. Your recently uploaded database file should be listed with the time/date. Select it and hit "Start Restore"... and wait until done.

Step #5: Go to ACP -> styles -> templates -> Cache, then select all and push delete.

Step #6: Go to ACP -> General tab. Simply reset all of the choices under "Resynchronize or reset statistics"

Now you have a new forum setup, and you imported a copy of your existing users & posts. Test it thoroughly. You may have to re-do some of the settings in ACP.

When your happy it works, log into your host with the FTP, and change the name of the folder your old forum was in to something new... then change the name of the folder your NEW forum is in to what your old one used to be.

Your users will never know the difference. And your good to go.

visionquest99

Post by visionquest99 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Just wondering if there is a simpler fix than what is suggested above. There is a script posted above but it may not be appropriate since Gold has since been released. Any clue? Image

bc2planker

Post by bc2planker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Everything else I did ( other then the above ) failed... including the both scripts people posted.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:01 pm

That script was posted because it wasn't clear if the user had changed the value to 0 which I believe would give them them 0 seconds to submit a form, If you can get into the ACP or use phpmyadmin to change the value for the time to submit forms it's not needed.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Post by 212121 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:37 am

One guest tried to register but it would just refresh the page. What I did was in Security Settings I changed "Tie forms to guest sessions:" to "NO"/ Hope this helps. :lol:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”