Moderator can't make sticky Posts !

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
foxy111

Moderator can't make sticky Posts !

Post by foxy111 »

hi :D

the moderator on my forum can't make a sticky posts , niether the super moderator
anyone could help me ? I tried to correct it but i failed :cry:

Thanks

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Moderator can't make sticky Posts !

Post by karlsemple »

You have to properly configure the forum permissions for those users/groups

Sticky and Announcements are not part of the moderator permissions they are in the forum permissions :)

As a side note as per the board rules http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule3 animated avatars are not allowed here, can you have a read of the linked rules and fix your avatar accordingly, thanks :)

Jason_A

Post by Jason_A »

Go to your ACP, then click the users and groups tab, groups, then click "Groups forum permissions", click the group you want to set the permissions for, and click go, select the forum you want to allow them post stickys, click submit, and either select all yes, or click "Advanced Permissions" and tick yes next to "can post stickys".

Regards Jason :)
Free computer help & support - http://www.thecomputerforumz.com

Need your board install/upgrading? Need a mod installed? Then I'll happily help you for a small fee. Just PM me!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

foxy111

Post by foxy111 »

karlsemple wrote:You have to properly configure the forum permissions for those users/groups

Sticky and Announcements are not part of the moderator permissions they are in the forum permissions :)

As a side note as per the board rules http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule3 animated avatars are not allowed here, can you have a read of the linked rules and fix your avatar accordingly, thanks :)
So sorry , i didn't read the rules
My bad :cry:
Jason_A wrote:Go to your ACP, then click the users and groups tab, groups, then click "Groups forum permissions", click the group you want to set the permissions for, and click go, select the forum you want to allow them post stickys, click submit, and either select all yes, or click "Advanced Permissions" and tick yes next to "can post stickys".

Regards Jason :)

Thanks soo much Jason
It work very well
Really appreciated

Dulahey

Post by Dulahey »

This is a terrible design. I hate to just come on here to flame. But I feel it was a terrible decision to put the sticky/announce options on a group rather than moderator permissions.

This makes me adjust settings on a per user basis instead of easily being able to setup groups and put users into them.

/sigh

Alterno

Post by Alterno »

Dulahey wrote:This is a terrible design. I hate to just come on here to flame. But I feel it was a terrible decision to put the sticky/announce options on a group rather than moderator permissions.

This makes me adjust settings on a per user basis instead of easily being able to setup groups and put users into them.

/sigh
Woot someone agrees with me, I said a litt back. I hope they revisit that area, because I believe that permission would be great in the usergroups permissions.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”