I Can't Login to ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Hoom@n

I Can't Login to ACP

Post by Hoom@n »

Hi!
I installed phpbb3, but I can't login to ACP. It says "To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself.". What is the problem and what can I do?
Thank you!
hawkshango

Re: I Can't Login to ACP

Post by hawkshango »

Hoom@n wrote:Hi!
I installed phpbb3, but I can't login to ACP. It says "To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself.". What is the problem and what can I do?
Thank you!
Ditto with me, only it's "You have specified an incorrect username. Please check your username and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator." :o And it's the same name I've used in setting up the board and not invisible (starred out).
Hoom@n

Post by Hoom@n »

So what can I do? I couldn't login to my ACP even one time! Right after installation I had this problem!
ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck »

Hoom@n: Do what the board says, re-authenticate yourself, i.e. login again, it's a security feature.

Hawkshango: Read the sticky topic about updates to RC6/7 at the top of this forum, it is probably caused by an outdated template
hksdrager

Post by hksdrager »

i`m having this "You are not able to re-authenticate as a different user." and its the same name this really sux.
Hoom@n

Post by Hoom@n »

The problem is when I type my password and press Login, I go to a page which says: "You have successfully authenticated and will now be redirected to the Administration Control Panel." And after that again I go to the page which says: "To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself."
hksdrager

Post by hksdrager »

i upgraded from rc4 to rc7 and everything worked correctly
Legendlink

Post by Legendlink »

I'm having the same exact problem as Hoom@n.
laura_weatherhead

Post by laura_weatherhead »

Have a look at this thread;
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... P#p3191409
see if that sheds any light on your problems?

This thread has also been referred to as useful in other threads of this nature;
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=574898

Laura
Hoom@n

Post by Hoom@n »

Thank you, It seems that they had the same problem. But I couldn't find the answer. What can I do?
preludehc

Post by preludehc »

have you tryed clearing your cookies?
Mike4

Post by Mike4 »

Hoom@n wrote:The problem is when I type my password and press Login, I go to a page which says: "You have successfully authenticated and will now be redirected to the Administration Control Panel." And after that again I go to the page which says: "To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself."
I have this exact same problem... it becomes an endless loop of trying to log back in.

Apparently, persistence pays off, though. I haven't found the answer yet, but I keep trying random combinations of logging out, clearing cookies and private data, and logging back in. Once out of about 20 attempts, it does work for me. Once I get the ACP open, I leave the tab open and go to a new tab.

Oddly enough, it worked perfectly for me when I first installed the board, but when I tried again last night, I started having this issue. So far, I've found that using Firefox, Firefox with IE tab, or switching to just plain IE makes no difference whatsoever.

I was hoping I would be able to find the ability to turn the re-authentication feature off in the ACP, but I haven't yet. I would love to see that added.
Hoom@n

Post by Hoom@n »

Just I hope that phpBB developers come to this topic or similar ones and find and solve the problem!
Hoom@n

Post by Hoom@n »

Please also look at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=603539 It might be same. What can I do for these two problem? Can't login and logout!
EMPaighton™

Post by EMPaighton™ »

I have a weird problem with ACP.

In FireFox i can login to the forums, and the ACP with no probelms.

However I tend to use Maxthon, and IE based browser with updated features.

When i go to my website, i can login on the bottom of the forums, but if you click "Login" at the top, that login screen doesn't let me login, to the forums, or the ACP.

Cookie settings are default. And it worked for some time today, it just randomly stopped working.

Website is http://www.EMP-Crew.net.

E-mail me at EMPaighton@EMP-Crew.net if you have an answer. Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”