Missing users after conversion to phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Firejack

Missing users after conversion to phpBB3

Post by Firejack »

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://firejack.plus.com/~tngc/phpBB3/
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.0
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Conversion from phpBB 2.0.22
Was this an install through your host? Self install
MODs you have installed: No
When the problem started: After conversion

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: Default
Language(s) used: British English
Version of PHP used: 5.2.0
Database and version used: MySQL 5.0.26

Hello all!

Last night I tried testing a conversion of our forums from phpBB2 to phpBB3 using my Linux machine at home instead of our webserver as I didn't want to run the risk of overloading the web server during busy hours.
Before the conversion there were 833 users but after the conversion there was only 730. Where have the missing 103 users gone?

Thanks.
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Re: Missing users after conversion to phpBB3

Post by ChrisRLG »

Could they have been spammer accounts etc that you have deleted in the v2.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
Firejack

Post by Firejack »

We did have a problem with bots creating spam accounts. However there were many more of them then just 100. I'd say we deleted 1000 before we added a custom anti-spam feature. (This didn't make changes to the database).
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Can you find any usernames in the old DB that are not in the new one.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Any accounts that have not been activated are not added to the user total. These could be people who didn't get the activation email for instance.

Have a look at the bottom of the admin panel main page. That lists all the inactive accounts.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Firejack

Post by Firejack »

Thanks Kevin! That is what happened. There are 103 inactive users that I've deactivated or were never activated when the user signed up. Mystery solved :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”