Locked out of forum...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Sona123

Locked out of forum...

Post by Sona123 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:34 pm

I installed a new theme - and deactivated all other themes. NOW I am locked out...

http://www.open-debate.co.uk

is there a way I can change the settings via ftp to let me change theme and log in?

Sona123

Re: Locked out of forum...

Post by Sona123 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:40 pm

By the way I also can't use that theme as I coulden't log in... It was saying invalid forum submission field or something. So I deleted the theme thinking that will allow me to log in.

Sona123

Post by Sona123 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:48 pm

ok I renamed another theme but I still can't log into the admin CP!

I get:
General Error
You need to enter your password to access the Administration Control Panel.
BUt I am entering right data. There is something wrong with the submission process even tried changing browsers.

Elyaradine

Post by Elyaradine » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:48 pm

There's the possibility that you aren't using the right forum style for your version of phpBB3.

If you install an old style (usually built for RC5 or older) onto a newer (RC6 or newer) forum, then the style causes a number of problems including not being able to post, and not being able to log into your ACP.

If possible, change your skin into the default phpBB style (prosilver) and try logging in again. If this works, then delete the old style and look for an updated version of it. (Alternatively, spend ages and ages updating it yourself...)

Sona123

Post by Sona123 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Elyaradine wrote:There's the possibility that you aren't using the right forum style for your version of phpBB3.

If you install an old style (usually built for RC5 or older) onto a newer (RC6 or newer) forum, then the style causes a number of problems including not being able to post, and not being able to log into your ACP.

If possible, change your skin into the default phpBB style (prosilver) and try logging in again. If this works, then delete the old style and look for an updated version of it. (Alternatively, spend ages and ages updating it yourself...)
I can't change anything, I can't log into the admin Cpanl at all. I'm stuck with it . I only have ftp access.

callum

Post by callum » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Edit a theme so it corrosponds to the name and copy the config files (3) from the corrupt theme to a different theme and then you should be able too login

if you need any futher info you have my msn i will be on tonight about 4 to 8 contact me if you need help

DONT PAY ANYONE WE PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR FREE !!!

living199

Post by living199 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:52 pm

Elyaradine wrote:There's the possibility that you aren't using the right forum style for your version of phpBB3.

yea i suffered from exactly what you are mentioning in that post when i first installed phpBB3. i just changed to a different theme.

to fix it i just deleted all of the forum files on my server and reinstalled phpBB3. but this time i made sure that the permissions in the admin panel allowed users to change the theme to prosilver if they wanted to while i installed the new theme, this way if i encountered the error again i could just switch to prosilver in the user control panel then i could change the forum default style then install a new one until i found one that worked

hope this post helped

Sona123

Post by Sona123 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:42 am

callum wrote:Edit a theme so it corrosponds to the name and copy the config files (3) from the corrupt theme to a different theme and then you should be able too login

if you need any futher info you have my msn i will be on tonight about 4 to 8 contact me if you need help

DONT PAY ANYONE WE PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR FREE !!!

I will email you my logins and ftp passes. Could you please just do it for me? I've been busy lately.

callum

Post by callum » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 pm

This isue is Resolved.

To fix this simply rename another skin the same name as the one that is not working and copy the 3 config files that are in each folder from the theme that doesnt work to the theme you renamed.

Done :D

Contact me if you need any help with this

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”