Internal Sever Error when sending PM, in ACP etc

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
robinek

Internal Sever Error when sending PM, in ACP etc

Post by robinek »

I've just updated my forum from RC5 to 3.0, solved the problem with showing both text + icons for buttons but another problems arised. In ACP trying to add new forum and place a comment goes to HTTP 500 Internal server error. Today I was informed about another bug - when sending private message the same screen HTTP 500 Error. Any ideas how to solve? Placing, deleting or editin .htaccess doesn't work. Same error in prosilver and subsilver2 theme.
Unfortunatelly I have no access to logs and reports on the server
ameeck
Former Team Member

Re: Internal Sever Error when sending PM, in ACP etc

Post by ameeck »

Considering where the errors appear, I'd see it as a error caused by low memory limits. Try if you can set the memory_limit value to a higher one, I described how you can do that here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3575875
robinek

Re: Internal Sever Error when sending PM, in ACP etc

Post by robinek »

I've tried your last two options as I don't have an access to server files but error remains
I found out that it looks like this error occurs only when I use special chars from czech alphabet - ěščřžýáíé etc, both when adding comment to forum either when sending private message. Sending PM with no special characters (escrzyaie) works fine.
Is this a new release bug? While RC5 work fine with that

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”