Problems with 3.0.RC8 -> 3.0.0

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Amezis

Problems with 3.0.RC8 -> 3.0.0

Post by Amezis »

I'm using the automatic upgrade package. I update the database, and when it comes to the step "Cleaning usernames", I have to change the username for one user. When I submit that, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Notice: Use of undefined constant UTF8_ASCII_RANGE - assumed 'UTF8_ASCII_RANGE' in /home/username/public_html/forum/install/data/new_normalizer.php on line 113

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'utf_normalizer' in /home/username/public_html/forum/install/data/new_normalizer.php on line 192
I do have the file includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php and it's the same as the one included in the default package (it has not been changed). But it doesn't seem to be included before the class is being used in new_normalizer.php. Is this a bug? And how can I proceed with uploading? Will including utf_normalizer.php help?

EDIT: After looking further at the code, there seems to be a bug in the upgrade script:
In install/data/new_normalizer.php, the class utf_normalizer is called. However, includes/utf/utf_normalizer.php (where utf_normalizer is defined) is not included in the upgrade script, thus resulting in new_normalizer.php calls an undefined class. I've submitted a bug report for this.

Anyway, how can I proceed with uploading?
Amezis

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -Plato

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”