New Registration Approval Email?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ddeg10

New Registration Approval Email?

Post by ddeg10 »

I have a forum in which I manually approve new registrations. Is there a setting that will send the users an email letting them know they have been approved?

Thanks,
Derek
Last edited by stickerboy on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Support - please read the forum descriptions
Black Antitoon

Re: New Registration Approval Email?

Post by Black Antitoon »

This already happens by default, you don't have to set anything. :)
Do you recognise my avatar? :)
ddeg10

Post by ddeg10 »

Black Antitoon wrote:This already happens by default, you don't have to set anything. :)
I made a test account, and I receive an email stating that my registration is awaiting approval. However, I do not get an email telling me that my account has actually been approved when the admin approves it. Would that be a MOD?
Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

That's strange, you should already receive an e-mail when your account is activated. We had admin activation on our account and it happened, with no MODS (apart from Instant Post Redirect).

Look at yourboardurl/language/en/email/admin_welcome_activated.txt. You should receive that message.
Dan Epps

Post by Dan Epps »

I experienced the same issue and found that my email server was blocking the relay to the user.

Check ACP -> Maintenance -> Error Log to see if this is what is happen to you.
mmebiz

Post by mmebiz »

Same here.

the newly registered user gets the awaiting approval email.

The admin gets the email with the links to view the user profile & approve the new user link.

When the admin approves the new user the admin gets the approved notice. NOT the user.

Do I have something set wrong??
Dan Epps

Post by Dan Epps »

Hmmm...that is a bit different from what I am experiencing. The admin gets the approval request email but all others return a 550 smtp code--unable to relay.

Since I operate my own web and email servers, I have the email server buttoned up pretty tight to prevent it from being used as a spam relay. Therein lies my problem, which button to loosen enough to allow registration approval emails to be sent to users.
mmebiz

Post by mmebiz »

mmebiz wrote:Same here.

the newly registered user gets the awaiting approval email.

The admin gets the email with the links to view the user profile & approve the new user link.

When the admin approves the new user the admin gets the approved notice. NOT the user.

Do I have something set wrong??
I was wrong. It worked as it should. Sorry bout that.
ddeg10

Post by ddeg10 »

Dan Epps wrote:I experienced the same issue and found that my email server was blocking the relay to the user.

Check ACP -> Maintenance -> Error Log to see if this is what is happen to you.
No errors are logged. Still cannot receive the emails. Do I need to have SMTP setup?
robdocmagic

Post by robdocmagic »

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to send HTML emails as the registration approval email? As with the original poster, we approve all new registrations. Once we activate them, we want to send them a nice HTML email "welcome" letter (with some URLs, etc).

Thanks in advance.

-Rob
Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

I think that that would need a mod to be achieved. I hope HTML e-mails support will be added in 3.2...
rosdi

Post by rosdi »

I have elected one member to be as Admin and set permission to full. I also have set him to approve new member registration, so he will receive an email notification.

Now, 2 emails will be received for new member registration.

1. Is it normal?
2. How can I remove the second admin from approving new member registration and not receiving the email notification anymore?
3. Where I can see the second admin that he can approve new member registration or not? (I forgot where it is)

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”