The time is wrong..

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Bandit72

The time is wrong..

Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:13 pm

time is worng on my forum http://www.klan-noa.dk anyone who can tell me why ?
i set it to utc+1 and im from denmark so its should be right or ?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: The time is wrong..

Post by karlsemple » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Have you set it in both the board config and your user control panel? The board config setting is used for guests and new users, your own timezone is set by the setting in your user control panel :)

Bandit72

Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Yes i set i both places....right now it says the time is 1:58 pm and its 16:14 danish time...

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Yes i set i both places....right now it says the time is 1:58 pm and its 16:14 danish time...

phpBB bases its time off the server time so if you have set both options correctly and your time is still out it is very likely the time on the server machine is out and thus you will need to nudge the host about it.

Bandit72

Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:29 pm

well the time is wrong on the forum only,on the website its the correct time.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Bandit72 wrote:well the time is wrong on the forum only,on the website its the correct time.

ok create a file named time.php and paste this code into it

Code: Select all

<?php

print date('d M Y, H:i');

?>
Upload it into your web root and then browse to it via its URI and see what time it says and if it is correct.

Bandit72

Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:38 pm

ohh im so stupid to make things like that..so i have to wait for some support from my buddy.

well i did it :-)
07 Jan 2008, 14:26 thats the result so i guess i have to contact the host.

K2

Post by K2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:44 am

There's gotta be a bug in the phpBB3 code that handles timezones. I am having the same issue. I have verified that my server hosts time is set for EST (UTC -5). My board is also set for UTC -5. But no matter what I set my timezone for in my user profile, it is always one hour ahead of what it should be. Doesnt matter how DST is set or not.

EDIT - well, timezone is working as it should on THIS board. I'm sorta at a loss. If settings are correct with my host, and with the board and user profile, what else could it be?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:54 am

K2 wrote:There's gotta be a bug in the phpBB3 code that handles timezones. I am having the same issue. I have verified that my server hosts time is set for EST (UTC -5). My board is also set for UTC -5. But no matter what I set my timezone for in my user profile, it is always one hour ahead of what it should be. Doesnt matter how DST is set or not.

EDIT - well, timezone is working as it should on THIS board. I'm sorta at a loss. If settings are correct with my host, and with the board and user profile, what else could it be?

Havge you trued creating the file above and then checking the time it returns for you, so you can be absolutely sure the time zone is correct on the server?

K2

Post by K2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:03 am

Yes, I used the lil script above to verify my server host time.

Right now, the only way I can get the correct time to display, is if I set my timezone in the UCP to be one hour behind of what it actually is.

Still troubleshooting to see if there's anything else I am missing... I've been known to have one simple character out of place, screwing everything up, and taking hours to find it ;)

Thx for the quick reply, too!

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:04 am

Right now, the only way I can get the correct time to display, is if I set my timezone in the UCP to be one hour behind of what it actually is
Have you unchecked the DST checkbox?

K2

Post by K2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:09 am

Yup... checked or unchecked, makes no difference.

For reference sake, this is a clean install of phpBB3 3.0.0 (no update from an RC release).

EDIT - something I do notice, is that under board settings in the admin panel, the 'date format' field shows the time correctly as UTC (no + or - ). Under 'my date format' on the same page, it's always one hour ahead of the timezone set.
Last edited by K2 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:12 am

phpBB just uses the server time so assuming that you have set all the time zones correctly and incorrect time should point to the server time being incorrect. Double check with the host to be sure they do not have some form of DST enabled on the server machine.

K2

Post by K2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:23 am

Alright... will do.

geeklife

Post by geeklife » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:56 pm

We did a conversion from SMF to phpbb3 and it went well.

One thing I have noticed is the server time. No matter when you change it to in the system settings, when you go back to the same server setting page, the time has not change. The only way we can get the correct time to show up is under your own user panel setting. I ran the time.php script and the time showed as 7:30 a.m., it's 10:30 a.m. here yet the server setting page shows 3:30 pm.

Any ideas how we can fix this? Thanks so much.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”