upgrade error from clean unmodded phpbb2 to phpbb3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
unityjon

upgrade error from clean unmodded phpbb2 to phpbb3

Post by unityjon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:43 pm

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://www.unitylowriderforum.co.uk
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.0
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? conversion
Was this an install through your host? install
MODs you have installed: none
When the problem started: yesterday 09/01/08

I'm in real need of assistance as my board has been down for 2 days now and the users will be dunking me in feathers and throwing me to the lesbians if i dont get it back soon !

I had trouble with the database conversion part from 2.0.0 to 3.0.0 when it tried to populate table15 - user posts. it just stopped and gave
"CGI error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
i did some searches on this forum and one person mention it maybe to do with mods in the old forum, so i deleted the old phpbb2 and re-installed it and it worked ok, then i reinstalled phpbb3 and hey ho exactly the same error !

i have tried skipping the rows in table15 by altering the URL:
changing the 'skip_rows=8431' value to a higher figure and this made no difference, if i change it to a much lower figure it starts the conversion from that point, but fails somewhere else, it never gets past table15

anyone got any suggestions please

many thanks.

EDIT - i also just clicked on the link above to my site and i wont let me login as admin or as a user !?

unityjon

Re: upgrade error from clean unmodded phpbb2 to phpbb3

Post by unityjon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:48 pm

after 6hrs so *bump*

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”