How do I Change Post Author in phpBB3?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ipollesion

How do I Change Post Author in phpBB3?

Post by ipollesion » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm

I don't know where to change the post's author? I know it's a feature for moderators and it is enabled but, where do I do it?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How do I Change Post Author in phpBB3?

Post by KevC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Select that topic
Select the moderator control panel link at the top of the screen
Then at the top right of the post you want to change it says Post Details. Click that.
You'll now see the screen to change the poster name.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

ipollesion

Post by ipollesion » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Thank you, it was almost invisible... So hard to find... I should change that myself ;) thank you once again.

Swader

Post by Swader » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Hey guyz.. I got till Post details but cant find the option to actually change the username.. Where exactly is that option?

EDIT : Got it.. Though I am set as Founder.. I still had to update my permissions ;)

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:59 pm

As you're on subsilver the options are in slightly different places. You need to open the topic, select the moderator control panel then click Post Details in the panel on the left under their username. Then you see a screen with their post in and the option to change the username underneath it.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Swader

Post by Swader » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:02 am

Kevin Clark wrote:As you're on subsilver the options are in slightly different places. You need to open the topic, select the moderator control panel then click Post Details in the panel on the left under their username. Then you see a screen with their post in and the option to change the username underneath it.
Oh I had tried all that.. but couldnt find it.. cause.. my permissions were not proper.. I was set as the founder but my permissions werent full and Change post author was set to NO :)

It works now :)

BevH

Post by BevH » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:32 am

I need to change an author too now, but I don't know how to get to the Moderator Control Panel you describe here. I can edit posts of all users but I dont see a specific moderator panel? I can see the Administrator Panel, but not where in that I can do these things?

Can you tell me how I change permissions to allow me to change authors and then how to find the Moderator Control Panel?

Thanks very much

Bev
Never regret anything that made you smile

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:19 pm

BevH wrote:I need to change an author too now, but I don't know how to get to the Moderator Control Panel you describe here. I can edit posts of all users but I dont see a specific moderator panel? I can see the Administrator Panel, but not where in that I can do these things?

Can you tell me how I change permissions to allow me to change authors and then how to find the Moderator Control Panel?

Thanks very much

Bev
From the link in your profile, you're using phpBB2 not phpBB3.
2x does not have that option.

Easier just to copy the text and get the person you want to actually post it again.
Cheap UK Hosting

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:37 pm

unless you have changed the founders permissions, then they have that permission by default.

as far as I can see, founders have all permissions by default just like admin does in phpbb2.

everytime I see where someone says that you have to set your founders permissions for something, I go test on my vanilla install and I can already do whatever it is as a founder.

robret
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

therp

Post by therp » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:11 am

At the risk of sounding TOO lame, can someone please point me to where in the ACP the option to allow change poster is? I used to be able to change posters, and all of a sudden I can't do that -can't see the option after going into post details. My permissions are set to founder.

topdown
Name: Jeff Behnke

Post by topdown » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:35 am

ACP > Permssions tab > Groups forum Permssions > Administrators > Highlight the forum or all of the forums >
From the top drop down Select Moderator permissions / Go > Advanced Permissions
then you should see it in the list

therp

Post by therp » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:03 pm

topdown wrote:ACP > Permssions tab > Groups forum Permssions > Administrators > Highlight the forum or all of the forums >
From the top drop down Select Moderator permissions / Go > Advanced Permissions
then you should see it in the list
Thanks a lot mate. :D That really helped.

nasadows

Post by nasadows » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 am

even it is PhpBB3 supported I would still have to go through so many steps to get it done. Can it be faster by enabling admin to select right from the post? (viewtopic.php?)

[Mod Request] Admin can post as Anyone/change Post Author faster?
Hi,
My old High School class forums are on a free forum site that doesnt allow database backup. We abandoned that crappy service a long time a go. Now I've moved to a phpbb-custom made board.

Still now I want to extract / copy the posts from that old forum to the new phpbb forums, as they are all memories of my high school time.
No automatic code to do this is available today to my knowledge, so I guess I'll be doing that myself. I'll be reposting all of the topics, posts... and assigned them to the appropriate member, by the help of the "Admin can change post author" function, default in PhpBB MCP.

But the thing is, if I want to change author of just 1 post, currently I have to go through so many steps. My plan would take forever... :(

I see in Wordpress there is a selection for Admin upon posting to choose whatever user he wants to be:
So I am hopeful for PhpBB :)

Someone has already made a similar mod for PhpBB2
Notice the "2 way arrows" at the top right
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=442698

Could someone possibly make it for for PhpBB3?

A mod that allows Admin to Drop-down select a username at posting to assign that user to the post, and a Drop-down box at the top-right of every post alongside with the "OK" button for quick changing the author of the viewing posts/topic

Please help, I really need that one. That would help massively my effort in recreating our community.

Many thanks in advance :D
Please help! We can discuss in this new topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10871515

Pangaea

Post by Pangaea » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

[center]SERIOUS MAJOR PROBLEM[/center]

Can anyone help me with this, im at the end of my tether with it/
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1969615

If anyone can help,. thanks
pan

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 am

Pangaea wrote:[center]SERIOUS MAJOR PROBLEM[/center]

Can anyone help me with this, im at the end of my tether with it/
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1969615

If anyone can help,. thanks
pan
You already have one topic where we are discussing this. Please do NOT spread the question across multiple topics.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”