How do I Change Post Author in phpBB3?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
johnstonf

Re: How do I Change Post Author in phpBB3?

Post by johnstonf »

That was rediculously hard to find... so just to help others... this is INSIDE the post at the upper-right, and there is a wee checkbox and a wee "?" (question mark icon). Click/check the checkbox, then click the "?" icon, and THEN you will see "Post Details"... that took me a WHILE to figure out!

iwriteblogs

Post by iwriteblogs »

johnstonf wrote:That was rediculously hard to find...
I still can't find it!

Screenshot: http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7590 ... r34463.jpg

The checkbox (coordinates F,2 in the above illustration) is selected, but I don't see any question mark icon. Can someone please tell me near which coordinates I need to make my clicks in order to change the post author?

I'm using a new installation of phpBB 3.0.9 with the Prosilver style. I did use the "Colorize it" tool from the other thread to change the colors, but I hope that would not hide any page elements I need. I am set as Founder and also I specifically assigned myself the "Can change post author" permission. My interface is actually wider than shown; I resized my window to get a more concise screenshot.

Any guidance on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

That screenshot is from inside the Moderator control panel.
The "?" icon is visible on each post when you are just viewing a topic, NOT in the MCP.
It takes you to the "Post Details" page within the MCP.
You don't have a "Post Details" tab on your screen, so I suspect you don't have full moderation permissions in the forum you are looking at. (Note, "Founder" only gives you Administrator permissions. "Can change author" is a moderator permission.)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

iwriteblogs

Post by iwriteblogs »

ric323 wrote:The "?" icon is visible on each post when you are just viewing a topic, NOT in the MCP. It takes you to the "Post Details" page within the MCP.
Thanks; that did it! When I go into MCP I can only see Front page, View forum, View topic. When I click the "?" on the normal topic view page, it sends me to MCP again but now I can see "Post details" as well as the other three side tabs.

Thanks again!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”