Admin->Board Configuration->Post Settings->Bump Interval
and the Permissions-type links (Actions->Can bump topics = Yes)
However I am finding some "inconsistencies" into when the 'bump topic' link appears on the page (untouched prosilver). Are the following true?
- You can only bump a topic after a pre-defined number of days have elapsed and you can only bump a topic once (I believe these to be true)
- Can you bump a topic where the only post is the topic starter itself (most of the ones I look at that are single post don't have the "Bump Topic" link but every now and then I find one that does)
- Are you only allowed to bump a topic when you are the last person to have posted to the topic (whether it's first post or not)?
- If the above is true, can an Administrator (or Moderator) bump, for whatever reason, any topic?
- Although you may find the situation strange, can a "Sticky" topic be bumped? (maybe you have multiple stickies and you want one particular one to be bumped to the top)
What I will say is that most of the appearance/non-appearance of the "bump topic" link appear to be in particular forums even though the same user should have the same levels of access (and, yes "bump topic" is permissible for this user/group in both). I certainly know that I as an Administrator have access to bump topics but it seems random in some forums as to when the link actually appears (i.e. appears on every topic in one forum whether that topic consists of only one or many posts, wasn't or wasn't initially, lastly or by me at all in any post of the topic, and all bump intervals have been reached, whereas in another forum it sometimes appears and sometimes not with no discernible pattern I can see.).
Someone please enlighten me? I'm thinking from what I see so far that the following sentence may be true...
"You can only bump a topic where you are the last person to have posted to the topic, the bump interval has been reached, it hasn't been bumped before, and you have permission to do so"
If that's true then I would've thought that an Administrator/Moderator should have had this ability irrespective of last post author and it may not be a bad idea to allow any one with the appropriate authority to bump a topic to avoid an extra post for the sake of bringing it to the fore.
Additionally, as an Administrator, you have the ability to test out a user's permissions. Under the assumption you can only bump a topic to which you were the last poster, it does not appear that this "takeover" of a user's profile still does not permit you to bump the topic. Design or bug?