Changing User name.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Locked
User avatar
Rat
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:46 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Changing User name.

Post by Rat »

phpBB3 Version Gold

i can't seem to change user name.
1. access Admin CP
2. Users and Groups Tab
3. Manage Users
4. type in the user i want to change and submit.
5. at the user name i type in the name i want to change to..
6. hit submit.

it saying...
The username you entered has been disallowed or contains a disallowed word. Please choose a different name

but it doesn't matter what name i type in, anything i type in i get this message. the word are not disalow in my disalow user name. i do not have *blank on the disalow name.

someone please help.
thank you.
Rat

User avatar
Rat
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:46 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Rat »

anyone??
Rat

User avatar
Raimon
Former Team Member
Posts: 12088
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: Netherlands
Name: Raimon Meuldijk
Contact:

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Raimon »

Normally must work it, just test it out with 3.0.0 , can you give us some information, witch username you have entered, did you install MOD or adjust some core files etc?
Perhaps you can fill out the Support Request Template
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

User avatar
Rat
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:46 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Rat »

i am using phpbb 3.0.0 gold and default theme.. no mod install yet.
Rat

User avatar
Steve K
Registered User
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Steve K »

This user you are trying to change would not happen to be an admin?
Image

kakatua
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: Changing User name.

Post by kakatua »

Rat wrote:phpBB3 Version Gold

i can't seem to change user name.
1. access Admin CP
2. Users and Groups Tab
3. Manage Users
4. type in the user i want to change and submit.
5. at the user name i type in the name i want to change to..
6. hit submit.

it saying...
The username you entered has been disallowed or contains a disallowed word. Please choose a different name

but it doesn't matter what name i type in, anything i type in i get this message. the word are not disalow in my disalow user name. i do not have *blank on the disalow name.

someone please help.
thank you.

This happened to me when I tried to change username of a founder.

you need to give another id the founder status and entering with that id first change your status as founder and then change name and then again change to founder, this worked with me though....

User avatar
Rat
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:46 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Rat »

kinda strange no the user is just a normal register user not an admin/mod/or founder, or group founder... just normal.. they're in multiple group but nothing special than new register member.
Rat

SteeLx
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 am

Re: Changing User name.

Post by SteeLx »

it's happing to my forum also.

any user when tries to register he getts this message.

i didnt added any mod or anything in admin cp.

The username you entered has been disallowed or contains a disallowed word. Please choose a different name.



HELP ME

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Posts: 23099
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:08 pm
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Pit$Bull »

Go to ACP->Board configuration->User registration settings and check your settings. The user in question may be trying to enter a username with two few letters/etc. :)

SteeLx
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 am

Re: Changing User name.

Post by SteeLx »

Pit$Bull wrote:Go to ACP->Board configuration->User registration settings and check your settings. The user in question may be trying to enter a username with two few letters/etc. :)

LOL u mean to say phpBB sets this kinda SPAMM word on this words : pingo, warrock, gamer..

LOl how can be these words are spamm !

anyways I rmoved phpBB3.. phpBB2 is better. :geek:

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Posts: 23099
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:08 pm
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Changing User name.

Post by Pit$Bull »

SteeLx wrote: LOL u mean to say phpBB sets this kinda SPAMM word on this words : pingo, warrock, gamer..

LOl how can be these words are spamm !

anyways I rmoved phpBB3.. phpBB2 is better. :geek:
I didn't say that, you did. I just suggested that rat check his settings as that could have caused his issue.

phpBB2 will probably suit you better as it is less complicated. :P

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”