'max_user_connections' Error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
iftitaj

Re: 'max_user_connections' Error

Post by iftitaj »

Well I told you my experience - I never faced that problem again after only that one. There is possibility that your webhost has changed (decrease) the number of connection to database by you. :roll:
TheBuzzSaw

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

My forums has been experiencing this issue as well. Restarting the MySQL server is the best (temporary) solution?
Amateurs go until they get it right.
Professionals go until they never get it wrong.
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:My forums has been experiencing this issue as well. Restarting the MySQL server is the best (temporary) solution?
If its temporary & you still continue facing it regularly then I guess that means to switch webhost as soon as possible because your webhost's sql server is not able to take all your forum's burden. :!:
HealingTouch

Post by HealingTouch »

I'm getting the same problem/error. Would increasing the variable amount solve this problem? Mine is set at 50. I assume this means only 50 different people can be browsing my forum at one time. Wouldn't this essentially 'reset' once people left the forum though, or would it just get stuck?
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

HealingTouch wrote:I'm getting the same problem/error. Would increasing the variable amount solve this problem? Mine is set at 50. I assume this means only 50 different people can be browsing my forum at one time. Wouldn't this essentially 'reset' once people left the forum though, or would it just get stuck?
When I experienced it, its because database-users of all clients of my web host were stuck in mysql server & as soon as they restart it, everything becomes fine. I never experienced it again. So its very rare & one should not experience it regularly.
NoDeity
Name: Brad Reddekopp

Post by NoDeity »

iftitaj wrote: When they restarted MySQL server, my forum starts working again
That worked for me.
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Just want to clear specially to HealingTouch, that it is database user limit and not how many users are on forum. A phpBB forum uses a single Database User. So on shared hosting, these errors may occur as and when more webhosting users (like you) are connected to the database exceeding maximum limit.

@ Why to set maximum limit ?
# Webhost providers have to set a limit to give promised performance by their database. If say thousands of such database users connect at any time, the database itself may collapse.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”