Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
boots58554

Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as

Post by boots58554 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:34 pm

I had my board up running just great and then on monday I logged in and got this message. Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions. So I thought since I just built it I would delete the board folder and reinsall it. After doing so in a different folder I am still getting the "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." error and can not get into ACP. Any one have any thoughts? I am willing to delete the board agian if thats what it's going to take. :cry:
Last edited by ric323 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

Darkelarious

Re: Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as

Post by Darkelarious » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Well if you want to redo it, you should clear your database, because thats where the problem is stored, removing files is not going to help you one bit. ;)

boots58554

Post by boots58554 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 pm

ok I'll try that. In fact will clear database and user names and start all new. Will be back when I am done.

boots58554

Post by boots58554 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm

are there any files I should remove in the root www. ??

wentwooddownhill

Post by wentwooddownhill » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 pm

maybe a complete re install would be a good idea if you have no members/posts to worry about.
visit our mountainbike comunity on http://www.wentwooddownhill.co.uk

Darkelarious

Post by Darkelarious » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:00 pm

wentwooddownhill wrote:maybe a complete re install would be a good idea if you have no members/posts to worry about.
That is what i ment too, but apperantly last time the user only removed his files, he should clear his database too :)

boots58554

Post by boots58554 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:48 am

Here is what I found out as my problem. I was using IE 7 as my browser and the board wouldn't work for me. In fact it didn't allow me to login so I couldn't get into the ACP. I downloaded Firefox and wow it came right in as it should. So I'll have to go back to my IE 7 and find out why it's not allowing me to log in. I just wanted to say thanks for everyones ideas and your help.
Live to Ride - Ride to Live

crackerboy

Post by crackerboy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:50 am

I had this error too on subsilver but after changing the theme i got access strange though :D

cancerinform

Post by cancerinform » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:10 pm

I had the problem after I reinstalled the whole forum including the tables. I wanted to use a different contact email. I am using firefox, so this is not related to IE.
After I reinstalled in the last step it says you will now be transferred to the Administrator board, but it never does it. If I try to go there, access is denied.

Anybody have a solution?

cancerinform

Post by cancerinform » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 pm

I don't know it is important but when I wanted to inform the administrator (myself) still the old email I did not want to use popped up.

cancerinform

Post by cancerinform » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Ok,

me again. I solved the problem. By logging in on Safari instead of FF I was able to get to the administrator board. There seems to be something the browser remembers from the previous installation.

webmestre

Post by webmestre » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 pm

1st message: You have been successfully logged in.
2nd message: Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions.

Do you think "reinstall" is a solution? In my opinion it's a bigger problem.

I'm really disappointed of not finding a "solution" to this "problem".

What a waste of time doing 3 sites with the latest version phpbb3 and now I can't log in to the ACP in any of them, for different reasons.

:evil:

naj0rt

Post by naj0rt » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:12 am

Im in the same position as you webmestre and it is beyond disappointing. For no good reason at all I cant access the administration control panel. It was working fine yesterday and today all I get is "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions."

I have not changed anything. No permissions, no files, no themes, nothing. Have tried multiple browsers and computers with no luck.

Seems to me there is a bug in phpBB3.0. The last post in this thread was months ago but no solution yet. Hrmph.

webmestre

Post by webmestre » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 am

The problem comes and goes. It's like surfing, you have to wait the wave to log in :lol:

davss

Post by davss » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 am

same thing on my side. I have upgraded my forums code from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 thinking most of bugs would be fixed with it. I did not change anything in the DB and just swapped the directories and made sure config.php had the correct settings to access my current DB and the template was set to prosilver. It didn't work. I've tried on a different dedicated server (we just got a new one with a fresh copy of Centos on it). It worked when I installed a fresh copy but once restored my forums DB it broke again and am not able to log in at all - login link always appear even though I have logged in. For ACP am getting Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions error message. Could it be because the new phpBB3.0.1 is referencing to some missing stuff in the old 3.0.0 DB?
Last edited by davss on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”