Problem with the team site!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
LaylaChaos

Problem with the team site!

Post by LaylaChaos » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 am

Hi well I have a quite weird problem with the team site... I've tried all kinds of permissions and settings but it's still the same! It say's that there are NO admins or moderators on my board... but since I am the admin that's just stupid. Can anyone help me please? My settings actually should be right...

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Problem with the team site!

Post by karlsemple » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:09 am

LaylaChaos wrote:Hi well I have a quite weird problem with the team site... I've tried all kinds of permissions and settings but it's still the same! It say's that there are NO admins or moderators on my board... but since I am the admin that's just stupid. Can anyone help me please? My settings actually should be right...

Have you actually given yourself Admin permissions to see if that makes a difference? As a founder you have Admin access but do not have Admin permissions as the founder access is hard coded, not sure if the founders are shown on the team page by default so just actually add yourself to the Admin group and make sure you have some Admin permissions actually set :)

pavobe

Post by pavobe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 am

I think I've got this problem too! I'm sure, that moderators have got right permissions, but they aren't displayed! There is information, that notifies me, that there is no moderator on the board.

I'have got the same problem with admins. I am head admin and I'm not displayed on team page. I've got all permissions.
Last edited by pavobe on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:34 pm

I have all permissions set also for myself... That can't be it... Nobody an idea how to solve this? It's really annoying :?
Last edited by LaylaChaos on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 pm

The Team does not show admins, it shows members of the Administrators usergroup.
It should also show anyone with Global Moderator or Forum Moderator permissions on any forum.

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:04 pm

That's also correctly set... Because on the group member page I'm in the admin group... and everywhere else too... just not on the team page...

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello!

Stupid question: Is it possible to show other (not predefined groups) in "The team" site? Because I want to upgrade a support forum, and as far as I can see you have to be a member of Administrators or Global Moderators pre-defined group to be shown.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 pm

It is true that only memebers of the Administrators group show in the Administrators box, but anyone with global moderator or forum moderator permissions will show in the Moderators box.
It seems inconsistant to me that users with Admin permissions, but not in the Administrators group, do not show.

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Did anyone find out what causes this problem? I'm really in the admin group and have all permissions and I still don't show up on the team page...

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Sorry for double posting but I finally found out myself what was wrong! I had to delete myself from the registered users group so now I'm only in the admin group and I'm on the team site! I'm so happy!

KRB99
Name: Kyle

Post by KRB99 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:32 pm

LaylaChaos wrote:Sorry for double posting but I finally found out myself what was wrong! I had to delete myself from the registered users group so now I'm only in the admin group and I'm on the team site! I'm so happy!
thats not right as i belive your always susposed to be in the reigtered users group maybe you just didnt have the admin group set as your default
Last edited by KRB99 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I did have it as my default ALL the time... but it didn't work... now that I'm not in the registered users group it finally works... believe me I tried EVERYTHING else.

LaylaChaos

Post by LaylaChaos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:33 am

Hi just wanted to know anyone else who had that problem? or another solution, bug fix or anything? I reinstalled the forum freshly and it still only works when the admins are ONLY in the admin user group... I tried a lot other stuff but that ended up putting the admins in the moderator section in the team page even though they WERE in the admin group...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”