How do I change footer?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Good Knowledge

How do I change footer?

Post by Good Knowledge » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 am

How do i get into the footer to add adsense and etc..?

:D

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Re: How do I change footer?

Post by dellsystem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:08 am

(Moved to support)

You can edit the footer by editing styles/yourstylename/template/overall_footer.html, but if you're using adsense you should just add the code to the bottom of viewtopic_body.html and similar pages, as Google's TOS does not allow putting the ads on non-content pages :)
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

Good Knowledge

Post by Good Knowledge » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:33 am

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm updating the pages and changing source and nothing changes. I've had no problems whatsoever with my phpBB 2 board?????

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:39 am

Remember to purge the cache from the ACP after template edits
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

shiawasseeheating

Post by shiawasseeheating » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

dellsystem wrote:Remember to purge the cache from the ACP after template edits
I am having an odd situation that is related to this. I am also trying to modify a template while logged off, so I can see the changes from a "logged off" user's view point. So each time I make a template change it seems that I have to log in and clear the cache instead of just refreshing to see the changes. Do you know if there is a temporary way around this? Possibly some way to turn off the cache feature? I am quite new to phpBB. Thanks.

EDIT

I think I may have found my own answer. Got to love that 'search' feature here! :geek:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1&t=631325

alexhunt

Post by alexhunt » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:33 pm

I would also like to change the footer by adding a link. I have edited the overall footer and uploaded. I have then cleared the cache but I do not see the changes.
I thought I could get around it by copying the whole template/style changing the name, uploading then re-instal as a new style. However phpbb3 seems to know that it has already been used and does not recognise the new style. Is there a fix to the first problem? or can anyone tell me what to reset in my new style to fool the ACP?
Thanks

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:41 pm

What style are you trying to alter? Have you also tried to delete all the .php files from your board's cache/ folder?

Btw.: Before re-installing a style, you first have to delete it from the board :-)
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

alexhunt

Post by alexhunt » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:14 am

The style is the default one that comes with phpbb3 - prosilver.
I have used the ACP to Purge the cash, are you suggesting to delete it manually such as ftp?
I was only trying to modify the overall footer, however I have also tried changing the styles name before uploading it again, however the ACP did not see it?
Thanks

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:52 am

Did you edit the file through the ACP or using a normal text editor and then replacing the file on the server with the edited one? If you edited the file with the text editor [...] and then purged the board's cache, the changes normally should have shown up :-| Have you also tried clearning your browser's cache? Are you perhaps using some additional caching on the server?
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

alexhunt

Post by alexhunt » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks for your help, I first changed the overall footer file in dreamweaver then uploaded. This did not work so I edited it within the ACP...this also did not work.
My browser (safari) usually refreshes but just to make sure I also restarted the computer and also tried it in Firefox - still no change!
Have you any other ideas?
Thanks

Fazly

Post by Fazly » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:50 am

Where in the theme editor do I add g**gle ads? I can't find anything with the name viewtopic_body..Infact the whole html coding in as one page..Please help!

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:05 pm

In your styles/{your_style}/template folder ...

Fazly

Post by Fazly » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:10 pm

After that, there is a page full of html codings..Near which point of the coding should I be adding it because, I can only add within in the body of the template..And I want to add it on the top of the body..So, please guide me!

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:16 pm

To add the ad right at the top of that page (but after the menu etc.), add your code after

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

Fazly

Post by Fazly » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:19 am

Doesn't that come as violating the adsense terms of regulations.? I want to add to the top of the body html.. How do I find the start of the body html?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”