hide the "Reset board’s start date" option?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
pumpkinkid

hide the "Reset board’s start date" option?

Post by pumpkinkid »

Is there a way to hide the "Reset board’s start date" option on the main index for the acp? I would rather have to unhide it in order to use it rather than having it so easily accessible.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: hide the "Reset board’s start date" option?

Post by thecoalman »

If you accidently hit you can always just change it to whatever you want using phpmyadmin ;)

open adm/style/acp_main.html

Find:

Code: Select all

<form id="action_date_form" method="post" action="{U_ACTION}">
				<dl>
					<dt><label for="action_date">{L_RESET_DATE}</label><br /><span>&nbsp;</span></dt>
					<dd><input type="hidden" name="action" value="date" /><input class="button2" type="submit" id="action_date" name="action_date" value="{L_RUN}" /></dd>
				</dl>
			</form>
Replace with:

Code: Select all

<!-- 
			<form id="action_date_form" method="post" action="{U_ACTION}">
				<dl>
					<dt><label for="action_date">{L_RESET_DATE}</label><br /><span>&nbsp;</span></dt>
					<dd><input type="hidden" name="action" value="date" /><input class="button2" type="submit" id="action_date" name="action_date" value="{L_RUN}" /></dd>
				</dl>
			</form>
-->	
To get it back just remove comment tags. :D All you're doing here is commenting it out so the browser won't parse it as HTML. You could just delete the entire find if you want it gone for good.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

pumpkinkid

Re: hide the "Reset board’s start date" option?

Post by pumpkinkid »

Perfect! thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”