phpbb_sessions has crashed

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Amezis

phpbb_sessions has crashed

Post by Amezis »

Your board's URL: forum.global-rs.net
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.0
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? phpBB 2.0.22 -> RC2 -> [all RCs] -> 3.0.0
Was this an install through your host? No
When the problem started: A few hours ago (this night GMT time)

When I visited the forums this morning, I got the following "General Error" message:
Table 'phpbb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]
I went to phpMyAdmin, repaired the table, but instead of getting the status "OK" or something similar, it said "Table is already up to date". When I visited the forums again, the error message was slightly different:
Table './globalrs_community/phpbb_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
I've tried repairing several times, but I always get the status "Table is already up to date" and the table obviously cannot be reapired. I've also tried using the file posted here, but it seems to run the same SQL command and doesn't work.

I have shell access to the server.

Does somebody know hwo to fix this?
Amezis

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -Plato
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: phpbb_sessions has crashed

Post by karlsemple »

if you have a crashed table that you can not repair you will need to contact the host as it may indicate a problem with the database server :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”