3.0.1 Images not showing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
slobadog

3.0.1 Images not showing

Post by slobadog » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:42 am

Your board's URL:http://www.bladeslapper.com/content/bb
Version of phpBB3:3.0.1
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Update from 2.0.19
Was this an install through your host? My own server
MODs you have installed: None, yet.
When the problem started: Immediately after update (conversion)

Updated to 3.0.1 from 2.0.19. All good except images are not displayed inline in posts. Set in ACP to show inline and UCP as well. The BBCode is shown...

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.500feet.com/subs3sk20small.jpg[/img] 
But no images. Anyone got any clues?

BTW, Great work on producing version 3, it's spectacular!

Thanks

slobadog

Re: 3.0.1 Images not showing

Post by slobadog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:46 am

Further info: Images do not appear in signatures, there's no reference to the image at all, just a blank space where they used to be. Avatars however are working fine.

Anyone?

slobadog

Post by slobadog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:45 am

Further update: The [IMG] tags are working in Private Messages. They are also working in posts made AFTER the conversion to 3.0.1 but not posts made prior to this.

slobadog

Post by slobadog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:13 am

I notice in the "posts" table that the posts where images are working have an entry in "post_checksum". As far as I can see, that is the only difference. Would this be the cause of my problem? I tried putting the checksum from a working one into an old one but (not surprisingly) it didn't work.

This is a very one sided conversation, would anyone like to join me? Please?

slobadog

Post by slobadog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:08 am

Here's an interesting thing: If I go in as the administrator and edit the post (making no changes, just clicking edit and submit), the images for that post now appear. There is an entry made in "post_checksum" as well so it's definitely here where the fault lies.

I cannot find checksum used anywhere in the PHPBB 2.0.19 tables so I'm guessing it is a new addition.

Am I missing something? I'm just going to sit here feeling invisible until someone replies. Next I'm going to hold my breath...

:cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”