Running convertor twice when moving from phpbb2 to phpbb3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
alterphist

Running convertor twice when moving from phpbb2 to phpbb3

Post by alterphist » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 am

Hi,

For testing purposes I created a brand new phpbb3 install and then using the convert method populated it with data. I've since spent a lot of time setting up themes etc. I was wandering rather than me having to start all over again is there a way of running the conversion process a second time? All I'm trying to do is get across all the posts made in the old forum since I first converted. So I can finally turn the old forum off.

I tried uploading the install folder and going through the conversion steps but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Many thanks,

slobadog

Re: Running convertor twice when moving from phpbb2 to phpbb3

Post by slobadog » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:58 am

I had the same problem, here's my solution.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5118485

alterphist

Post by alterphist » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:01 am

Damn was the first thing i tried but i get error messages. on the first page it auto populates the old db fields with my current db details, which i change around but on conversion page it then says error: No convertor specified. Which obviously there is as you have to select mysql or msyqli on the first page. never mind I've told the users to accept they've lost a few posts :)

wired076

Post by wired076 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

You can select to re-do the converter in a new board but I don't think it works to do it into the same board again as the data has been populated across and will cause problems.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”