SQL Error: Desperately in search of help.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Adam_PHP

SQL Error: Desperately in search of help.

Post by Adam_PHP »

Hello,

I have recently been programming in php for my clan's site. It has mostly been a blast, but I seem to have run into a large error.

Whenever I try to load the forum on the site, it gives me:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND (f.forum_id = t.forum_id)' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
You can look at it at the site if you wish: http://sm269.com/phpBB3

The funny thing is that the forum works perfectly on my WAMP server.

If the error was something like a missing template file or a t_parse error, I could probably fix it, but MYSQL is a totally foreign language to me. I have no idea what the error is saying.

I have uploaded the site and sql multiple times, but to no avail. It always produces the same result. I tried dumping the cache folder. Nothing.

If someone could atleast explain what the error is saying and possibly even provide a solution, I would be endlessly grateful.

Thank you,
-Adam

Edit: I'm taking the site down one more time and uploading it again.
Attachments
A Picture of the forum working perfectly in one window, but in the tab by it you can clearly see the General Error that I am getting.
A Picture of the forum working perfectly in one window, but in the tab by it you can clearly see the General Error that I am getting.
WAMP.jpg (255.61 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Adam_PHP

Re: SQL Error: Desperately in search of help.

Post by Adam_PHP »

Hello,

I should probably post this in a new topic since this a whole new questions, but here goes nothing:

I realize that allowing html in phpBB3 is a huge security risk, but hear me out. Lets say, for example, that I need to embed a one-time link to a video.

If I do [embed][embed] for the bbcode and <html code for embedding to that specific video>, then you really wouldn't think it would be that dangerous?

I mean, if the link the the video is hardcoded into the bbcode, a potential hacker would not be able to change it. Right?

Thank you,
-Adam
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The HTML question is not really relevant as there is no way to enable HTML, all HTML support has been stripped from phpBB3 :) However HTML is still a security risk especially when embedding stuff into the page :)
Adam_PHP

Post by Adam_PHP »

karlsemple wrote:The HTML question is not really relevant as there is no way to enable HTML, all HTML support has been stripped from phpBB3 :) However HTML is still a security risk especially when embedding stuff into the page :)
Hello,

Thank you for you respone. The thing is that I know that I can add things to my site using html(routed through bbcodes).

I knoew that html is a security risk, but I was wondering if there would still be a security hole if instead of including the vanilla html code for my [embed][/embed] bbcode, I included a more specific code. I.E [embed][embed] does <embed href="youtube.com?=blah"></embed>

Obviously not the right html code, but that is what I was wondering.

Thank you,
-Adam
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

You can just use the custom bbcode feature to do just that, it would allow you to have a bbcode specially to do your specific embed code.
Adam_PHP

Post by Adam_PHP »

Hehe, that is what I thought, but I thought that if I made just a vanilla [embed][/embed] custom bbcode that hackers and evildoers could use it to embed some nasty things into my forum.

Thanks again,
-Adam
Adam_PHP

Post by Adam_PHP »

And I think I figured out my other problem.

I believe the error was a derivative of having the poll enabled on my alphaPORTAL mod. All that I know is that it works after I disabled it and uploaded.

It is kinda funny that it worked on localhost and not on the server.

Thanks,
-Adam

Edit: If possible, I would just like to confirm that having a bbcode pointed towards embedding a specific video is not a security risk. I would just like to be 100% sure before I do an action that could get me hacked.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”