1GB DB - Conversion issues from phpbb2.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ejaan

1GB DB - Conversion issues from phpbb2.

Post by ejaan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Hello guys,
My current database size is actually 1.1 GB. This is the 3rd attempt I made in conversion from phpBB 2.0.23 to phpBB 3.0.1
Everything goes well, except when it reaches:
?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=phpbb20&current_table=15&skip_rows=329028&language=en
it gets stuck there, I see absolutely blank page even if I tried refreshing that, I tried continue previous conversion, still goes to that page and its blank. There is about 1.5 million post on the forum currently.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ali

ejaan

Re: 1GB DB - Conversion issues from phpbb2.

Post by ejaan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:24 am

Sorry to *bump* the thread but is there actually any solution for this? I've searched the entire forum but couldn't find any help. :shock:

ejaan

Post by ejaan » Sat May 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Can anyone at least confirm me if this can be done? If not do-able, I need to move on please... I am shocked no one else is having such issues.

audabee

Post by audabee » Sun May 11, 2008 12:41 am

Sorry, ejaan, I don't know if it's possible (I'm a bit of a beginner) but have you considered converting it locally and then moving the finished product back up to the server? There are a number of posts and maybe even something in the KB about this technique.

This was my backup plan when I did my conversion earlier this year but luckily, mine went through without a hitch. In fact, I still have the local conversion on my hard drive that I use to test mods & things before they go live - very handy.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”