Moderator permissions question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
oceanic815

Moderator permissions question

Post by oceanic815 »

Hi,

I have an individual set up as a Global Moderator...I believe. I went into both permission settings that I found, one for him and one for the Global Moderator group. I changed both to "NO" for them being allowed to delete posts (because I don't want him deleting posts by me). However, when I'm in my ACP, and I select their user name and select "Test out permissions" or whatever it specifically says, I can go in and delete me posts, as them. How can I make sure they cannot do this?

Also, they are not showing up the default "green" color like global moderators should...help!

--
Shane H

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Moderator permissions question

Post by karlsemple »

This sounds like they have a conflict in permissions, it sounds like you have the delete posts permission set to yes somewhere else such as their personal permissions, you need to check they do not have moderator permissions anywhere else. Use the permission masks to trace the forum moderator permissions for this user to find out where the permission is being allowed.

Also users only take on the colour of the group they have set as their default group, if you want this user to take on the global moderators group colour you will need to make that group their default :)

oceanic815

Post by oceanic815 »

OK, I got them set up in the Global Moderators group, so they're showing up green. Yeah, it's strange...I traced everything and he's set to NEVER be able to delete a post.

In Permission Masks, I went to View Global Moderator Permissions and selected both his user name under the Users category, set to NEVER delete posts, and then went under the Global Moderator group in general and there permissions are set to NEVER delete posts. Is there something I need to refresh as far as permissions go?

I don't understand why he can delete stuff...

oceanic815

Post by oceanic815 »

OK for some reason - he can delete posts that have not had any replies on them. How do I stop him from deleting posts if not replies have been made?!
Last edited by oceanic815 on Thu May 01, 2008 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

What about his specific forum moderator permissions, how are they set?

oceanic815

Post by oceanic815 »

OK for some reason - he can delete posts that have not had any replies on them. How do I stop him from deleting posts if not replies have been made?!

*** EDIT ***

He cannot delete his own posts with no replies, but can delete my posts with no replies (Admin)...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”