HTML and Chat boxes

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DualDier12

HTML and Chat boxes

Post by DualDier12 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:33 am

Do you guys have a way you could turn on HTML coding in the ACP..like a mod for that or something? Also, is there a Live chat thing for a bbcode or mod you could use? We have a chat box for HTML, but the forum doesn't support HTML coding. Great help here would be appreciated.

jimdunn

Re: HTML and Chat boxes

Post by jimdunn » Fri May 09, 2008 1:28 am

HTML in posts cannot be turned on for phpBB3.

You can, however edit your template files to put your HTML chatbox in other areas of the page, like your page header or footer.

There is an Ajax Shout Box mod in the MOD forum that might give you what you're looking for, and it comes with full installation instructions, so might be easier to implement for you

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=590977

pastilles

Post by pastilles » Thu May 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Eeek, Strange HTML cannot be turned on in posts. I know security is a issue but surely user choice? :?

SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG » Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Since malicious use of HTML could affect board visitors and members and leave the board itself alone, the idea that admins ought to have a choice really doesn't apply, IMHO.
We should talk less, and say more.

wg83

Post by wg83 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm

i have a shoutbox from http://www.yellbox.com. i C&P'd the code and put it into the bottom of my forum footer. may not help, but thought i'd mention it.

pastilles

Post by pastilles » Fri May 23, 2008 8:45 pm

SamG wrote:Since malicious use of HTML could affect board visitors and members and leave the board itself alone, the idea that admins ought to have a choice really doesn't apply, IMHO.
Hmm... I guess I am just slowly finding out that phpbb3 isn't the software for me. I shouldn't have converted. No clue how I can convert back to MyBB now :roll:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”