can you sort the order of (global)Announcements and stickies

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
dutchwii

can you sort the order of (global)Announcements and stickies

Post by dutchwii » Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm

is there a way i change order of topic view from my (global) announcements/ stickies

because i want like that rules are on top of the site then the disclaimer etc. but it shows newest first.

and another thing: is it correct that when you change view from: ascending to descending nothing happend with the announcements? i dont see change of display. they keep in same order of display

djp2

Re: can you sort the order of (global)Announcements and stic

Post by djp2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 am

I came here to this thread looking for an answer as well - I want to set the order of global threads - but alas it seems I cannot.

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Re: can you sort the order of (global)Announcements and stic

Post by Pony99CA » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 am

Not that I know of without a MOD (and your users could override it by sorting differently anyway).

However, if you're willing to mess around in the database, I suspect changing the topic_last_post_time for each topic would work (if you don't mind your users seeing inaccurate data in the topic list). Of course, any time somebody posted to the topic, that might change the date and therefore the sort order.

I also read that Global and regular Announcements might be sorted by topic start time, not last post time.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”