Submit board settings.feature acp changes. error?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Brooksy87

Submit board settings.feature acp changes. error?

Post by Brooksy87 »

Hey sorry for vague topic title.
here's my problem im hoping someone could be able to fix for me.

I converted phpbb2 to phpbb3 fine worked perfect. Forum has now been running in phpbb3 for almost a month now atleast. At conversion and was succesfully done i was able to edit changes to the board in board features and board settings in ACP perfectly with no problems. then i must have deleted the instal files etc and made the forum active. ok so now i never checked to see if admin features all correctly worked after this. Im guessing so.
But later down then line obviously going along as days went past i wanted to tweak my forum that suit my needs better and from my regsitered user's points of views and requests. >>(problem starts here)So using ACP i wanted to activate and deactivate certain features but i can't. When i click submit it just goes to a blank white page. ive tried refreshing but it says about post data etc. so you have to hit back button really. So there must be some sort of succesful file not working there or not linkign correctly.
I can have access to ACP fine, and also use other features and the submit buttons work perfectly. it only seems to be the issue in board features and settings. I.e where the allow atatchments part, birthdays, forum signature sizes and custom profile boxes force, and so on are based to enable and disable these features.
There is no error message. Just a blank white screen. The changes don't take effect either just reverts back to what it was before hand.
I was wondering if people know of this issue im having?? any help is appreciated.
I'm using phpbb3.0.1, skin UTIS, server has no restrictions for communicating.

I have no mods installed. Just edited a few files like header and footer. but the issue occured before i done this.
Brooksy87

Re: Submit board settings.feature acp changes. error?

Post by Brooksy87 »

edited :) - bump
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Forum Rule 4h wrote:When posting a support question bumping is permitted only after six hours have elapsed since the last post to that topic.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
wisk111

Post by wisk111 »

I have the same problem as Brooksy87.

My board has been working fine and all of a sudden the avatars have disppeared and now I cannot go in and change board settings or any of the following in ACP

# Attachment settings
# Board settings
# Board features
# Avatar settings
# Private message settings
# Post settings
# Signature settings
# User registration settings
# Visual confirmation settings

Now I cannot see any Avatars and when a user enters the last submitted posts they get a database error.
This is the site http://www.marbellatown.com
skinmaster

Post by skinmaster »

I have the same issue:

Your board's URL: http://snakenet.com/battleboard
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.1
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Fresh install.
Was this an install through your host? No, manual.
MODs you have installed: Advanced Quick Reply
When the problem started: Last couple of days

Template(s) used: Briefly, a copy of the prosilver with one or two CSS changes. Now prosilver only.
Language(s) used: Default shipped
Version of PHP used: 5.x
Database and version used: MS SQL 2000 SP4
skinmaster

Post by skinmaster »

OK I appear to have resolved this by replacing the prosilver theme completely from fresh.

Then in order for this to have effect I had to manually remove the contents of the cache folder.

There really needs to be something happen so that changing a theme doesn't white-screen everything.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”