Create sticky shadow topic?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
microUgly

Create sticky shadow topic?

Post by microUgly »

I would like a topic on my forum appear in 2 forums where they'll both be sticky. Is there way to do this, or do something similiar? I don't want the topic to appear in every forum and I don't want the topic to be a copy since I want all replies to be in the same place.
Ddraiggoch06

Re: Create sticky shadow topic?

Post by Ddraiggoch06 »

I have an idea which might work, although I haven't tried it. Create a sticky in the second forum, but move it to the first forum. If you keep the "moved" topic, the one in the second forum will redirect to the one in the first forum.
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

Well, yes, although that way the topic will be preceded by "Moved:" and the replies info will not be updated.

To get the exact functionality you are asking for, you would need a mod.
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

Ddraiggoch06 wrote:If you keep the "moved" topic, the one in the second forum will redirect to the one in the first forum.
Yeah, but the moved topic won't itself be sticky.

Could it be done safely with some DB trickery? i.e. Setting the appropriate flags for a moved topic in the DB.
You don't need to answer that, I can probably figure it out myself.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”