database question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
wolflet

database question

Post by wolflet »

Hi,

I've recently installed phpbb3 on my board and would like to migrate my phpbb2 database over. what i like to ask is, is it possible for phpbb2 and 3 databases to co-exist at the same time on the same server?

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: database question

Post by pentapenguin »

Yes you can have both a phpBB2 and a phpBB3 database on the same server. In fact, you can even have both in the same database if you use different prefixes. However, you need to realise if you run both forums at the same times that they do not stay in sync. They are two completely different boards so if you plan on updating to phpBB3 you shouldn't be using both at the same times because you might lose posts and users.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

wolflet

Re: database question

Post by wolflet »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have tried doing a conversion but i came to a white screen when i start the conversion process. according to the guide @ http://netenberg.com/phpBB/docs/INSTALL.html#convert the problem might lie in the memory_limit and max_execution_time settings which i already have requested my host to increase. still im getting the same problem. I am at the moment requesting for the error log from the webhost but in the meantime if anyone knows anything about the problem your help would be much appreciated

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”