Regsiter by link from within a game

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Silverdown

Regsiter by link from within a game

Post by Silverdown » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 pm

I made a MOD for Minecraft that allows users to type in chat "/forum-reg" it would register them and allow me to sent back a randomized password. I for some reason cannot figure out the phpbb3.2. I had this done in another forum software, but I want to move over to phpbb3.2 and unable to figure it out after months, can anyone help how I can do this?

I don't need the mod for Minecraft, I need to know the phpBB code I would need so my mod can ping it with user data.
My Extentions: None
PHPBB Fan since: 2.0.6 Version Using: phpBB 3.2.3
Dev Version Using: phpBB 3.2.3

Ger
Recognised Extension Developer

Re: Regsiter by link from within a game

Post by Ger » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:21 am

So basically you need to trigger a user registration process? You can do that with the user_add() function in ./includes/functions_user.php. You might want to look at ACP Add User for inspiration. Look at ./acp/adduser_module.php on how they handle this.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”