How much is it for 4 new events?

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
GTI
Name: Laura M

How much is it for 4 new events?

Post by GTI »

The viewtopic_body has an event just before the username and another event just after the username.

How much does it cost to get similar events placed before and after the username in the view member profile and also before and after the username in the pm message body?
Toxyy

Re: How much is it for 4 new events?

Post by Toxyy »

I suppose it would cost the effort to make a PR to the github with those additions.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

GTI wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:40 pm
How much does it cost
If you're thinking about paying for someone to add that feature, your best option is to post in the "Wanted!" forum. Prepare a detailed description of what you want to achieve and what kind of budget you're working with. Having a good description of what you're trying to do is key, because the more time a developer has to spend figuring out your needs, the more it'll cost you.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
GTI

Post by GTI »

I used to use CoreBB before it ceased, it was like phpBB but without most of the features, very basic, not very well known but it did its job. They used to charge mod developers $12 to add events into the templates on each update, I assumed phpBB would have a similar system,

My extension works if I put my own events into the style but to release it for everyone it needs to run on an out of the box install, so I was hoping to get the events added,
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

As long as the PR follows phpbb coding guidelines, there shouldn't be any problem. There is no charge to add an event.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

GTI wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:40 pm
The viewtopic_body has an event just before the username and another event just after the username.

How much does it cost to get similar events placed before and after the username in the view member profile and also before and after the username in the pm message body?
Nothing. That's free. :)

Feel free to PM me or post here if you need help making a PR on your own, I will do it for you otherwise (no costs, no beer).
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

You can always try to suborn a member and if the price is good, you may have success :D
GTI

Post by GTI »

Thanks to everyone

I have created a request, found it a mix up having to open on Github and the Tracker site but eventually got there in the end.

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/6050
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16606
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I would move the events to be on their own line wrapping the html, also you didn't make a proper commit message, the title of the commit must follow phpbb guidelines as well as the last line of the commit message. You'll see errors confirming this with Travis and the other code sniffer, which is why your patch had an x on it.

My extensions:
GTI

Post by GTI »

Toxyy wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 pm
I would move the events to be on their own line wrapping the html,
I did originally think that too but decided to follow the method on the view profile page, I will try to fix it.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Your commit title must have [ticket/16606] at the beginning.

My extensions:
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

And it can't be longer than 79 characters including the ticket reference.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”