Skeleton installs, works in UI, CLI command doesn't show up

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
chrishecker

Skeleton installs, works in UI, CLI command doesn't show up

Post by chrishecker »

I thought this was a bug in the Skeleton, so I posted it over there, but was told to try here, so here we go...

I can't get the Skeleton extension's CLI command to show up, nor CLI commands of generated console extensions.

The extension:create CLI command does not register when the skeleton extension is installed and enabled. The extension shows enabled in both the ACP and extension:show in the CLI, but no extension:create. This is on phpbb 3.3.4, php 7.4.23. If I take the sample generated and move it into the phpbb/console/command hierarchy and hack stuff up, I can get it to work, so the sample.php is fine, it's just the services.yml is not being read or something in the ext tree?

I don't see any errors in the logs, even with DEBUG and DEBUG_EXTRA on. I've installed the skeleton through the docs link, and direct from github master and running composer after.

I actually can't find a single example of a working extension with a CLI component for modern phpbb...I guess I'll hack my stuff into the main tree for now? If nobody has any ideas, can somebody point me towards an extension with a CLI component that works on 3.3.x that I can try installing to see if it's something weird about my pretty-vanilla install or is there a problem with ext CLI commands in 3.3?

Thanks,
Chris
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Skeleton installs, works in UI, CLI command doesn't show up

Post by 3Di »

chrishecker wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm I actually can't find a single example of a working extension with a CLI component for modern phpbb...I guess I'll hack my stuff into the main tree for now? If nobody has any ideas, can somebody point me towards an extension with a CLI component that works on 3.3.x that I can try installing to see if it's something weird about my pretty-vanilla install or is there a problem with ext CLI commands in 3.3?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/nore/
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
chrishecker

Re: Skeleton installs, works in UI, CLI command doesn't show up

Post by chrishecker »

I think I have figured this out, for me at least. It's a cache/production permissions difference between the user running phpbbcli and the webserver, see here for more details: https://github.com/phpbb-extensions/php ... -928516406

(also posted this on the other person having this problem on the skeleton extension's subforum)

Chris

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”