- It's a virtual machine managed by Vagrant. After starting it up you can develop locally but have access like you would have when you develop on a dedicated root server.
- Unlike *AMP you are on a real server with PHP 5.5 on Ubuntu 14.04. Meaning you can do whatever you could on a real webserver. Also with SSH access.
- Vagrant projects are simply included into PhpStorm.
- Surf to the testboard inside your browser with a real URL.
- Debug your code with XDebug (IDE Key Vagrant on port 9000).
- Simply reset your development system.
- All mails send by sendmail are not sent but saved as textfiles.
- Easily review the Accesslog, Errorlog and Rewritelog of Apache.
- All files created by PHP are saved inside a separate directory to hold the dev dir clean.
- Database changes are migrated and versioned with flyway.
- Write Access to Docroot is redirected into /logs/htdocs with overlayfs.
- Database access via
Why I created it? To be honest I need a good development platform for a shopping system. The phpBB devsystem was somewhat like a playground. But now that I finished it, why not share it with the community?