Language iso-tag and directory name

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Language iso-tag and directory name

Post by Crizzo »

Hi everyone,

with the lastest release 3.1.10 a mistake was called to our mind, which has been done in the past validation processes. Some language packs (e.g. Brazilian Portuguese) were uploaded and approved with a mistake in the directory name.

These language packs had their language-directory name with an - (e.g. pt-br) instead of an _ (e.g. pt_br). Why this was wrong is explained in detail here in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=491&t=2393036

The new validated language packs for 3.1.10 do no longer have this mistake. But with changing this, we are sorry to let you know, that we have create some work on your, the extension authors, side.

Due to this change, you have to change the wrong language directory name in your extensions, too. Otherwise the users will facing problems with your extensions, when they are using those languages.

We are sorry for the delayed information and the additional work we ask from you.

Regards
Crizzo
MarkDHamill

Re: Language iso-tag and directory name

Post by MarkDHamill »

If you want this to get attention, file a bug report.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Mark it has to do with the way language packs were being used in extensions. It has nothing to do with core phpBB and, therefore, there is no need for a ticket.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Okay, my bad.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”