SMS Notifications

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
kas5986
Name: syed shafiq

SMS Notifications

Post by kas5986 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi,
before long time i worked on many phpBB boards and did some themes and mods for my clients and for my personal sites after long time i came back in phpbb forum to know is it good idea to create new extension for phpbb to notify on text/sms i am just thinking about it after phpbb social network fellows they are not active since phpbb 3.1 appears and it was the reason to come after long time here.

your votes required

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: SMS Notifications

Post by david63 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 pm

The main problem that I think you will have is finding a free SMS service - in the past when I looked into this (not for phpBB) there were very few that were reliable and offered an unlimited messages.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

kas5986
Name: syed shafiq

Re: SMS Notifications

Post by kas5986 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

i have created a plugin (not for phpbb) for that i have used many gateways and found infobip as a reasonable for my country i am not sure about all countries it was like (13.5 euros for 5000 sms/m) looks reasonable for me i also didn't see any free i am not affiliated or promoting them but just thought so does making a notification extension is a good idea ?

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”