Add PM recipient by custom profile field instead of username

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
Cohaven

Add PM recipient by custom profile field instead of username

Post by Cohaven »

Hi,

My current task is to convert the functionality of "Add recipient" on the UCP compose message page of phpBB3.1 to search by a custom profile field instead of username. I'm trying to figure out which event I should be listening to to accomplish this.

In \phpBB3\includes\ucp\ucp_pm_compose.php there is the handle_message_list_actions function, but there doesn't seem to be an event that would let me directly access this function for variable replacement.

The closest thing is the core.ucp_pm_compose_modify_data event, but the event wouldn't, and neither would the core code, have the user id for the provided username here yet. So it seems like it would be more of a constant override rather than a dynamic modification, which is not what I'm looking for. The rest of the events in that file seem useless to me.

\phpBB3\includes\functions_user.php contains the user_get_id_name function that actually retrieves the user_id for the inputted username, but no event here either.

I'm pretty confused about how to approach this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”