Repsonsive ACP required?

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
Ger

Repsonsive ACP required?

Post by Ger »

My Feed Post Bot extension was denied, in the deny message 1 of the points was that the ACP page has a table that isn't responsive. I know that, however: I chose to make it that way and I don't see anything mentioned in the validation policy about responsive ACP pages.There are other parts in the ACP (permissions, bots) that aren't perfectly responsive. But hey, it works, doesn't it?

Ideally I would redesign the entire page, but that seems quite extensive at this point for some minor issue. I don't see how to improve it in a simple manner. I'm in RC phase, is this really something to overhaul completely? Is it required to pass validation? If so, IMO it should be mentioned in the validation policy.

-edit-
I was told through PM that this wasn't a reason for denial.
Last edited by Ger on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
david63

Re: Repsonsive ACP required?

Post by david63 »

Try using <table class="table.table3"> - there are several built in css table codes
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Ger

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 am Try using <table class="table.table3"> - there are several built in css table codes
I think you meant table.type3?
Thanks, that improves it a bit indeed.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Ger wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm that improves it a bit indeed.
I didn't test your extension (feedpostbot I guess?) but I have a table in my ACP which is responsive

FWIW https://github.com/3D-I/HighlightPosts/ ... ml#L10-L25
-
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Ger

Post by Ger »

Thanks, but the thing is: it's a table with 11 columns, not only informational but mostly with actions. Once started there were only 4 columns (of which 1 a counter and 1 a simple button) but with all the options it has grown a bit out of control.

I intend to redesign the whole ACP part to let each feed have it's own page (alike BBcode management etc.). Many users have also asked for even more options to configure it so I have to do that anyway if I want to help them. I just don't like to do that in RC phase; I want this thing validated at some point. So the option David63 gave me is good for now.
Once validated I'll take a look at more thorough redesigns.
My extensions:

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”