Routing and Tapatalk

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
david63

Routing and Tapatalk

Post by david63 »

I know that this is a long shot and I know what we all think about Tapatalk but I think I have a problem in my Privacy Policy extension with routing when being accessed via Tapatalk.

Apart from ignoring Tapatalk and telling users to uninstall it - anyone any ideas or experience?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Ger

Re: Routing and Tapatalk

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:26 am I think I have a problem [...]with routing when being accessed via Tapatalk.
Any solution will have to start with a better description than that :P

I actually made the decision not to support Tapatalk at all. If one of my extensions work with it that's fine, but once somebody encounters a problem with Tapatalk regarding the extension, they should slap Tapatalk, not me.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

I would check it the "mobiquo" folder is present which means the tapacr*p is installed and deny the installation, end of headache.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
david63

Post by david63 »

My current view is that extensions do not have to compatible with other extensions (although where it is possible we try!) and Tapatalk is not in the CDB, nor is it represented on here, therefore it is not my problem and it is up to users to decide which one they want to use.
3Di wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 pm I would check it the "mobiquo" folder is present which means the tapacr*p is installed and deny the installation, end of headache.
That is a bit harsh

On a serious note though I suspect that Tapatalk will not work with any extension that uses routing
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Alternatively you can give it a shot and install it on your own on a test -bed and catch the issue.

I wouldn't spend my time on it, that's me though.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”