Triggers/stored procedures

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
Toxyy

Triggers/stored procedures

Post by Toxyy »

Does phpbb support triggers/stored procedures for mysql?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Triggers/stored procedures

Post by Paul »

No
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Paul wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 amNo
Thank you for the clarification :)

Are there plans to do so in the future?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

No, not all supported DBMS's support triggers and stored procedures.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

What kind of support would you expect? AFAIK you can create triggers and run any SQL commands using a custom migration.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

JoshyPHP wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:24 pm What kind of support would you expect? AFAIK you can create triggers and run any SQL commands using a custom migration.
To be honest I'm not quite sure, I've been looking into sql recently and having to loop through a lot of things so triggers/stored procedures seemed good for what I was doing and there are solutions using them, and more complicated ones that don't. I think I'll be fine without them, and postgre and others have cte's which can take their place anyways. I just wanted to ask before I started to try and use them only to find out that it was the wrong way to go about things.

Some of my extensions:

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”