CDB prefix and policy

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
Ger

CDB prefix and policy

Post by Ger »

I have 2 extensions validated a couple of days ago. Usually I set the topic prefix to [CDB], but that option seems to be gone.
Is this intentional?

Also, I have a question about working on new versions for existing validated extensions. There are a lot for requests to expand my Feed Post Bot extension. If I'll do so, it will result in a lot of code I'd like to be tested with real use cases since many things depend on all the numerous variations of feeds on the world. Is it good practice to open a new topic in the Extensions in development forum and later submit it as a new revision in the CDB? Or would it be a good idea to reopen the old topic?
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: CDB prefix and policy

Post by DavidIQ »

Ger wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am I have 2 extensions validated a couple of days ago. Usually I set the topic prefix to [CDB], but that option seems to be gone.
Is this intentional?
It doesn't look like that option was ever there (my oversight) so perhaps you were just entering it manually. I've just added it though. Thanks for pointing it out.
Ger wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am Also, I have a question about working on new versions for existing validated extensions. There are a lot for requests to expand my Feed Post Bot extension. If I'll do so, it will result in a lot of code I'd like to be tested with real use cases since many things depend on all the numerous variations of feeds on the world. Is it good practice to open a new topic in the Extensions in development forum and later submit it as a new revision in the CDB? Or would it be a good idea to reopen the old topic?
That'll be entirely up to you. If you want continuation then we can re-open the old one for you. If you want a fresh start then you can just create a new topic and maybe reference the old one, if you're so inclined.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Ger

Re: CDB prefix and policy

Post by Ger »

Thanks! I'll open up a new topic then when I find the time.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”